Options
2»

Comments

• jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fubar4164 wrote: »
    So the latest update is they’re going to pay me the 75% of flight base cost that I’m entitled to for being downgraded but say that I’m not entitled to the APD difference because it is tax and the Ts & Cs say it is not refundable and paid to the government.

You're entitled to 75% of what you *paid* which includes the fare, taxes and surcharges. I don't even know what they mean by the last bit, it is directly the opposite of what is actually the case.

Have you tried contacting them on Twitter?
  • fubar4164
    fubar4164 Posts: 98 Forumite
    edited 26 October 2018 at 9:58PM
    Options
    Have been doing some more browsing and found this ECJ case which covers downgrades.

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=f37f41fa-c690-43ba-9b29-437d37a7fbfb

To the extent that the taxes are dependent on the class flown in, then the taxes should be included in calculating the refund. By that logic I have a potential argument for seeking 75% of the APD paid, rather than just the difference in the two rates!
  • fubar4164
    Options
    By way of closure - BA have just agreed to repay the extra APD that we paid!

Finally got there in the end, but it does worry me that this doesn’t seem to happen as standard.
  • SW18
    Options
    The difference in fares between Economy and Premium Economy varies a great deal even on the same routes. I live in the Middle East and sometimes it's only an extra £20 to fly in Premium Economy vs Economy. Other times it can be hundreds of pounds more each way.
  • Heliflyguy
    Options
    SW18 wrote: »
    The difference in fares between Economy and Premium Economy varies a great deal even on the same routes. I live in the Middle East and sometimes it's only an extra £20 to fly in Premium Economy vs Economy. Other times it can be hundreds of pounds more each way.

Simply put that is exactly the same as changing between any higher class in the same cabin or changing between cabins and the classes in each.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure