Aiming for 1200 overpayment this year

Comments

• Hope your banking woes have been resolved! :( seems a lot of people are struggling with technology at the moment...i long for the days of pen and paper!!! :rotfl:
  • Mottled Debt :j
    I know its expensive but its a lifetime plan which means should he get an ongoing condition such as diabetes they have to pay for as long as he's insured. We've had a dog with a chronic long term condition before so we're prepared!
    As doggie has a pedigree that also bumps it up massively... but thanks for taking the time to comment.:j

Squirrelgirl...:beer:
    Technology is driving me mad at the moment:beer:
    Food shopping budget is stressing me out! But I'm sticking with it! As its just me and small I find it easier to budget! Hope your hubby bought a lot of food!

Anyhow I'm the proud owner of 2 spice girl tickets!! :beer::T:beer::T:beer:

Had a peak online and the face value of them has more than tripled... thats ridiculous! Just to add... am planning on going but do have a spare. If no one wants to come with me then I'll take small!

More ebay auctions ending tomorrow! 5 items have bids but I'll be yelling at the computer for more bids.:mad:
    # 36 1p challenge 2024 - £319.98

#13 POYD by Christmas 24  £1450/£8138

February Grocery Challenge  /300
  • Currently nearing end of auctions on ebay.

£5.99 in the pot so far!!
    I'm amazed at how much it stresses me out!
    Bid people bid!:mad:

• On the up side.. my ebay sales have hit £247:eek:
    I've got £150 for switching bank:j
    I gor an extra £50 compensation as they messed up opening the account.:rotfl:
    I saved £70 on the cost for a nintendo switch using nectar double points.:j
    So thats a whooping £520 OP before looking at how much money I've saved from cuttjng back on my spending!

That bits the down side..
    £120 on spice girl tickets... well I've sold one to a friend (at cost) so I'll get £60 back:mad:

Am still battling the nhs for smalls meds so thats £50 for a private prescription.:eek:

Last night... found out the sewage pipe was blocked! It was where 3 drains joined together.. so I paid a third of that!:eek::mad:

Even more annoying is tge 'new' bank... I'm still battling through the billion layers of security to use mobile banking and the new code they've sent does not work. I've also had a text saving my account has been disabled due to recent security updates..
    So I guess I'll be back in complaining!
    I was with my previous bank since I was a student so about 39 years and never did I need to go in to complain!:mad::mad::eek:

Must remember to claim for a train ticket I bought for a training course that would be another £82 for the OP pot!:mad:

• Thats a lot of swings and roundabouts!! :eek:

Hope you're okay...sending virtual hugs x
  • Thanks Squirrelgirl..
    At least we found the drain problem before it caused any problems.

Been shopping for food but still sticking yo budget.

Small is his dads for the weekend so it will be a cheap weakend for me.. lots of sleeping!!

Nothing exciting planned

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks Squirrelgirl..
    At least we found the drain problem before it caused any problems.

Been shopping for food but still sticking yo budget.

Small is his dads for the weekend so it will be a cheap weakend for me.. lots of sleeping!!

Nothing exciting planned

Hope you managed to have your restful weekend :)

I’m exactly the same wit eBay- ‘I’ll be happy to get £5’ then as the bid is ending I’m shouting at the phone for someone to bid :D oh the excitement of my life :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Kittenkirst.. i am a nightmare! But i've managed to sell a few bits more, so room for santa to visit.

My spending plans got thrown by ofsted visiting..

Caused a food overspend due to my need for caffiene and hitting the diet coke pretty hard.
    Of my £150 food budget i think I've hit £160.

I've gone over my £150 for entertainment. I took small to more things than planned! Probably hit £200.

But I've stretchef the food budget so november is 5 weekends and december is 4 weekends..

I've paid for the christmas do meal.
    It's local so can get a lift there and walk home.

Pretty much done my christmas... the bank account tooka few hits as shopping for my mam who gave me cash to buy presents for small person from her.. but i bought them on line... so have most of decembers food money upstairs so it shpuld even out!

Hope everyones had a good few weeks.

Will calculate OP and post again when made:beer::beer:

• Well I've made an overpayment of £350 this evening...

I've spent 29 out of 30 for this weeks groceries.
    I've spent 10 out of my other' money on a secret santa pressie for work.
    Small wants a quiet weekend so hopefully i can give my wallet a rest!

I'm being really good about writing down every penny I spend and writung down the bank balance daily.

Hoping despite it being christmas I can generate an underspend.

• Well done!

I also made an overpayment today - my final one for 2018 as I have completed the 10% fee free o/p thingy now! I'm now getting giddy for 2019!

I'm with you on the flaky ex too - but it seems you're at least receiving your maintenance and he has your LO. Mine has forgotten he has three children. :mad: I totally agree with your thought process of being able to manage without using the maintenance. It's a positive thing in my experience, as I could never rely on it one month to the next, so anything I got, I just saved and budgeted on my own wages. I've had 15 weeks payments in three years, so as you can see, I couldn't/can't become reliant.

My eldest son knows everything about my mortgage and finances and the smile on his face this morning was immense when I told him we had smashed this years target!

I'll be following your story with interest! Fingers crossed you reach your goal! I'm routing for you!
    The aim is to be mortgage free by 2020. :j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport