IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Northampton County Court parking fine headache

Comments

• Hello guys,

I received a questionnaire today from Gladstones Solicitors but it's already filled in by Gladstones. According to the Newbies thread I should have one for myself where I could put my details in. I didn't get one from Gladstones.
    Another thing is The Newbies thread says I'll have to go to court and defend the whole thing verbally which is scary as it's my first time and I feel like I'm gonna sit and end up with nothing to say as it's a little intimidating. Are there any alternative ways rather than attending the court?
    What do I do next?

Thank you
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Matt1111 wrote: »
    I received a questionnaire today from Gladstones Solicitors but it's already filled in by Gladstones. According to the Newbies thread I should have one for myself where I could put my details in.
    This is perfectly normal. Gladstones just wanting to keep you under pressure. Wait for your DQ from the CCBC and re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES thread where you will find instructions on exactly how answer every question.

Another thing is The Newbies thread says I'll have to go to court and defend the whole thing verbally which is scary as it's my first time and I feel like I'm gonna sit and end up with nothing to say as it's a little intimidating. Are there any alternative ways rather than attending the court?
    Watch this short video:

What do I do next?
    Read lots of other threads so that nothing takes you by surprise.

You are seeing nothing new - it has all happened before and by seeing how others have coped will boost your confidence.
  • Matt1111
    Matt1111 Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello guys,

Received the questionnaire and just filled it all up by using the newbies thread for help. Sent a copy to the Northampton County Court and a copy to Parking Control Management too.
    Let's see how it goes. I really hope they give up with this without me having to go to my local court. Has this happened before?

Thank you
  • Matt1111
    Hi guys,
    Hope you had a great Christmas and a good New years.
    Just a quick update.
    Received this today
    hxxp://i65.tinypic.com/2wmexpe.jpg
    It's a notice of transfer of proceedings. Claim has been transferred to my local court apparently and now I just got to wait.
    Any advice?

Thank you
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I just converted that link you gave for the photo - it played havoc with my iPad, shooting up all sorts of pop-ups, 'Congratulations, you've just won a xxx, Cllck here', 'Sign up for this, Sign up for that' messages it looks decidedly didgy, even though it's a tinypic hosting site.

Try imgur or Dropbox.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 January 2019 at 7:19PM
    Prepare yourself so that you are not surprised by anything.
  • Matt1111
    Hi again guys,

Received a notice of allocation to the small claims track (hearing). The hearing will be at the Willesden County Court. It will be on the 30th April 2019.
    Apparently the hearing will be an hour long.
    I'm already scared and stressing as it's my first time.
    Can you guys give me a step by step advice on what to do, what to take and what to say when I'm there.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    You know you are going to be directed towards the NEWBIE thread as it contains all the info you have requested! Go here for what to do and by when.

The following advice is normally posted by KeithP
  • Matt1111
    Hi guys,
    I got an email today and it states this from Gladstones:

Dear xxxxxxxx
    We act for the claimant in the above matter.

Please find attached, by way of service, the Claimant's Witness Statement.

The assumption is that our Client is not attending the hearing and therefore we kindly request this notice be treated as a notice pursuant to CPR 27.9. However on some occasions our Client may wish to attend and will do so.

We confirm the statement has been filed at the Court

Yours sincerely

What does this mean? Do I still have to go visit them at the court?

Thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    What does this mean?
    It means the same as in most of their other cases - their client (the parking company) won’t be going anywhere near the court to be cross-examined and expose their rear end to a Judge. But that doesn’t mean they won’t be fielding a ‘gun for hire’ advocate to argue their case.
    Do I still have to go visit them at the court?
    Yes. In three cases last week, against forum advice, the motorists decided not to attend and leave it to the Judge to make his mind up based just on their paper submissions.

All three lost - and copped for costs that would almost certainly have not been awarded had they made an appearance.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport