New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Defence help please

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
3 replies 182 views
LittleconfusedLittleconfused Forumite
3 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Please help. I can’t swem to get any information on newbies site despite what I search.
My dilema is my son who was the driver of the car but registered in my husbands name got 4
Tickets parking at a friends on a private estate. We ignored all the letters
Thinking this was correct and it was a scam, now I have a court claim letter claimant being Gladstones. They seem to of done everything right, correct photos, correct
Information on the sign( I went to look) and visible,
He parked there as security said it’s ok! Is it worth defending and how on earth can I do this? Please help

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    28.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    go to the top of this forum , look at the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread. post #2 explains what to do in court case claims

no its not easy, but the defendant (your husband) is being taken to court and must either pay up or defend in court, despite there newbieness

nobody here can tell you if he will win, that needs to be studied with lots of facts you have not given us (neither has the parking company)

engage a solicitor if you are looking for professional legal advice, as 4 tickets amounts to a lot of money

for free advice, follow the advice in that post #2 of the NEWBIES thread
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • SystemSystem
    177.7K posts
    10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    how on earth can I do this?
    He parked there as security said it’s ok!

That's a defence there IF you can get a letter from security to confirm in writing that this is what was offered. It's called estoppel.

Seen UKPC get caught up on that one where "security" were saying one thing, then ticketing later.

Which parking company was it?
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    21.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the Date of Issue on your husband's Claim Form?