Forum Home» Savings & Investments

Patisserie Valerie - Page 11

New Post Advanced Search

Patisserie Valerie

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Savings & Investments
106 replies 13.3K views
15678911»

Replies

• Perhaps the only thing they could cook properly was their books.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: very good!
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    72.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    surfsister wrote: »
    yes so sad another firm bites the dust!

No shortage in this sector.
    “Chances are if you buy what everyone is buying you will do so only after it is already overpriced." - Sir John Templeton
  • AlexlandAlexland Forumite
    6.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is getting sticky - 17 of the closing branches are in Debenhams which is already on its knees.
  • bearsharebearshare Forumite
    113 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    I think coffee shops should be independent, local businesses anyway. They mostly have better coffee, and FAR better cakes etc. Any profits stay in the locality as well, and they often partner with local artists etc.

The only thing you get from the big chains is consistency. Exactly the same coffees, and exactly the same e.g. number of cherries in a cherry slice (few). Consistently mediocre. Very boaring, but maybe an advantage for business meetings. I find Starbucks coffee awful anyway: seems overcooked.
  • Uxb1Uxb1 Forumite
    573 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Apparently 'bought' or should that be the shell remains rescued from oblivion by an Irish private equity firm.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    39K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uxb1 wrote: »
    Apparently 'bought' or should that be the shell remains rescued from oblivion by an Irish private equity firm.

Yes it appears to be the case.

I didnt want to see M Ashley buy it as I could see what he would tuen it into, it would be a quick turn around, no where to sit lol.

I wonder what the OP did about his shares