Points to my online licence

Options
Hi anyone,

My other half has 12 points on his licence. Fortunately, the court did not ban him for the last 3. He drives everyday for his job, however the leniency came from him paying for my education fees. It was a good day (anyone can do it if you dress smart and are very humble - he’s 24, male and didn’t learn however)

He had another speeding offence in Feb 2018, doing 76mph on a motorway through 50mph roadworks. This was actually before the other offence (by 1 day... 2 in 2 days!!!) which Is done and dusted, but this particular regions court administration whatever it is, is poor and ridiculously slow...

We selected not to come to court as there is no chance he is getting out of this. They then sent another letting asking for us to select whether he would like to attend court or not. We ignored this as we had already selected and had enough time wasted already. The letter said to stop driving on October 3rd if he does not attend court until he hears further. I assumed this is because the court hearing would take place on that date. I emailed them a couple days later as there was no record of any changes on his online driving Licence. They then said the court hearing is October 10th (today) and stop driving from today - inaccurate info on the letter surprise surprise. Nothing on his licence yet.

When are the points and disqualification and fine amount likely to appear on his online DVLA gov licence so we can finally get out of this stupid limbo period that has held us back for almost a year ?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Jt146 wrote: »
    Hi anyone,

My other half has 12 points on his licence. Fortunately, the court did not ban him for the last 3. He drives everyday for his job, however the leniency came from him paying for my education fees. It was a good day (anyone can do it if you dress smart and are very humble - he’s 24, male and didn’t learn however)

He had another speeding offence in Feb 2018, doing 76mph on a motorway through 50mph roadworks. This was actually before the other offence (by 1 day... 2 in 2 days!!!) which Is done and dusted, but this particular regions court administration whatever it is, is poor and ridiculously slow...

We selected not to come to court as there is no chance he is getting out of this. They then sent another letting asking for us to select whether he would like to attend court or not. We ignored this as we had already selected and had enough time wasted already. The letter said to stop driving on October 3rd if he does not attend court until he hears further. I assumed this is because the court hearing would take place on that date. I emailed them a couple days later as there was no record of any changes on his online driving Licence. They then said the court hearing is October 10th (today) and stop driving from today - inaccurate info on the letter surprise surprise. Nothing on his licence yet.

When are the points and disqualification and fine amount likely to appear on his online DVLA gov licence so we can finally get out of this stupid limbo period that has held us back for almost a year ?

Quoting for posterity.

The bolded part is a bit ironic, if your other half had been a bit slower the situation would have never arisen.
    He is at the mercy of the courts and will just have to deal with it however long it takes.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Courts don't like disqualifying in absence, however it could happen. There's also a chance they may have issued a warrant for his arrest.
  • Ergates
    Ergates Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    When you're in the process of being banned for speeding, then you're not really in a position to complain about the slow court process.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,560 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Maybe he wants to be on TV?

I remember them stopping a car who appeared to be in a rush. Seems he was late for court, for driving whilst banned.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• debtdebt
    debtdebt Posts: 949 Forumite
    Options
    If your partner attended Court, he would found out about the fine and ban.
  • wgl2014
    wgl2014 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    Options
    Call the court and ask?
  • marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,935 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When are the points and disqualification and fine amount likely to appear on his online DVLA gov licence so we can finally get out of this stupid limbo period that has held us back for almost a year ?....
    Just to give a little perspective ... there are still a shocking number of people injured and killed on the roads. For them and their families the pain goes on for years and years.

Your other half needs to learn to drive sensibly.
  • Deastons
    Deastons Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    marlot wrote: »
    Just to give a little perspective ... there are still a shocking number of people injured and killed on the roads. For them and their families the pain goes on for years and years.

Your other half needs to learn to drive sensibly.

But according to a lot of people on here, speed doesn't kill...
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Deastons wrote: »
    But according to a lot of people on here, speed doesn't kill...

It doesn't, per se ... inappropriate speed can kill.
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,228 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

It doesn't matter how long it takes to appear online, a disqualification begins immediately the court gives its decision.

Your OH has been told the court date and when to stop driving. He would be well advised to obey. Driving while disqualified is a much more serious offence than speeding.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure