Am I being unreasonable?

Options

Comments

• RedFinn
    RedFinn Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    Another "not what I wanted to hear" poster....

What you think is not what the law says.

No, simply that you deviated a lot from the subject at hand and are wholly incorrect on the subject of what support and legislation there is for working parents.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    RedFinn wrote: »
    No, simply that you deviated a lot from the subject at hand and are wholly incorrect on the subject of what support and legislation there is for working parents.
    Go on then, quote this legislation.... I'll wait...
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 2,879 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You mentioned that you were having trouble with the shift swaps. Have you covered anyone else's shift recently? This might be the source of the trouble. That sort of thing needs to go both ways...
  • RedFinn
    edited 10 October 2018 at 8:58PM
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    Go on then, quote this legislation.... I'll wait...

Many pieces of legislation protect the rights of working parents ***removed by forum team***

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1362
  • RedFinn
    Options
    You mentioned that you were having trouble with the shift swaps. Have you covered anyone else's shift recently? This might be the source of the trouble. That sort of thing needs to go both ways...

I have covered others shifts, the trouble comes in the form that he is simply putting me down as covering shifts when I'm unable to, and when I decline I'm left on schedule anyway.
  • Nookie5
    Nookie5 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Many pieces of legislation protect the rights of working parents, I'll accommodate you in this instance in the interests of any further advice you may wish to impart to others on the subject and save you the embarrassment of trotting out further BS.

I hate to embarrass you but, if you read your link propertly it only says you have the right to 'REQUEST' for leave. Your employer is also entitled to refuse you leave, and this also isn't a family emergency, you just want time off for a holiday.
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Given everyone's issues and grievances, are you unionised and if not why?
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • Comms69
    Options
    Many pieces of legislation protect the rights of working parents, I'll accommodate you in this instance in the interests of any further advice you may wish to impart to others on the subject and save you the embarrassment of trotting out further BS.

How does that apply to you? Or is this one of those generic, ah but what if I was pregnant, my child was in hospital, I was adopting, etc etc. hypothetical scenarios?

Anyone can apply for flexible working, not just parents. (and it's a request)

Nowhere does the law say that an employer must accommodate your childcare, nor allow you to have whatever leave you requested.
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ohreally wrote: »
    Given everyone's issues and grievances, are you unionised and if not why?

Probably pointless because OP is unlikely to accept Unions advice as they know best :rotfl:
  • Comms69
    Options
    k3lvc wrote: »
    Probably pointless because OP is unlikely to accept Unions advice as they know best :rotfl:
    we are so lucky such an expert has joined... :) I've so much to learn....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure