Just sold to someone with no feedback

Options
I've just sold a PDA (for £80+) to an eBayer with zero feedback.

The payment has hit PayPal, but obviously I'm slightly wary about it disappearing as soon as I put the item in the post.

Any suggestions for mitigating - beyond sending the guy an email asking him if he's going to scam me?

I guess I should transfer the payment out to my bank account a.s.a.p. but I'd rather leave it there for the time being, limit the impact of the PayPal fees.

Comments

• fatboyonadiet
    fatboyonadiet Posts: 5,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not a lot really, take the money out straight away and keep your fingers crossed! Make sure you take all his details too, how you sending the item?
    2p off is still 2p off!
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Post the item by special delivery. You really have no alternative, you have entered into an agreement and must post it out. If you were worried you should not have sold it on EBay. The vast majority of folk are fine. If I was the buyer and you started messing around I would not be best pleased!!

Only thing I can suggest is a quick e-mail, and you can pull his details to check they look ok.
  • Paracaine
    Paracaine Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Remember, everyone has 0 feedback at first..
  • IM
    IM Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the responses - you're all right...

I'm sure it'll be fine, but you hear so many scare stories. I've been lucky to date, so let's hope that luck continues.
  • Tojo_Ralph
    Tojo_Ralph Posts: 8,373 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    IM wrote:
    I've just sold a PDA (for £80+) to an eBayer with zero feedback.

The payment has hit PayPal, but obviously I'm slightly wary about it disappearing as soon as I put the item in the post.

Any suggestions for mitigating - beyond sending the guy an email asking him if he's going to scam me?

I guess I should transfer the payment out to my bank account a.s.a.p. but I'd rather leave it there for the time being, limit the impact of the PayPal fees.

Personally..... With any Newbie buyer, my number 1 priority, above all else, is to take a quick look at their bidding history. :)
    The MSE Dictionary
    Loophole - A word used to entice people to read clearly written Terms and Conditions.
    Rip Off - Clearly written Terms and Conditions.
    Terms and Conditions - Otherwise known as a loophole or a rip off.
  • IM
    Options
    Tojo_Ralph wrote:
    Personally..... With any Newbie buyer, my number 1 priority, above all else, is to take a quick look at their bidding history. :)

How do I do that then?
  • IM
    Options
    I've just transferred the payment out from my PayPal account to my bank account.

It says it will take 3-5 days to process.

Is it unreasonable for me to not post the item until the payment has cleared?
  • Tojo_Ralph
    Tojo_Ralph Posts: 8,373 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The MSE Dictionary
    Loophole - A word used to entice people to read clearly written Terms and Conditions.
    Rip Off - Clearly written Terms and Conditions.
    Terms and Conditions - Otherwise known as a loophole or a rip off.
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    Options
    You've got the buyer's money, yet you want them to wait until you shift it around your accounts? :rolleyes:

Sorry, I do understand your concerns but that's all they are....concerns. The buyer is taking a chance on you actually sending the item as much as you are taking a chance on them. I think you'd have a cheek if you didn't send the item out pronto.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • IM
    Options
    Looks like it's his first bid...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income