HSBC and TSB face app problems - MSE News

Both TSB and HSBC have reported problems with their apps this morning on what is payday for many...
Read the full story:
'HSBC and TSB face app problems'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• VT82
    VT82 Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Wow, you managed to wait until the last sentence to mention complaining and compensation. Well done on your newfound editorial renstraint!
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Welcome to the cashless society.

We have your cash but you can't get to it.

As banking computer systems get more complicated the ability to get to your cash is only going to get worse.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 29 September 2018 at 1:09PM
    TSB are a total shambles.

First off they would not even allow me access to online banking, saying the userid and or password were unknown/incorrect.

When their system finally allowed me to log on (using exactly the same details as they previously claimed were unknown/incorrect) any attempt to confirm a payment failed "due to a technical error" ... and that was just to transfer money from one of my accounts with them to another of my accounts with them.

As for complaining, I'm still awaiting a proper explanation from my complaint filed last May. They have sent at least two confirmations of receipt, the last of which apologising for the fact they have been so busy they had not go around to resolving my complaint despite the 8 weeks they are permitted having elapsed.
    I was promised a proper answer was to be sent shortly ... still waiting.

Perhaps if they spent as much time & effort on actually addressing complaints that they do sending out apologetic letters saying they are too busy, they might make some progress?

At least this latest episode has reminded me of all these facts, and I'm now off to the ombudsman.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure