Sky prepaid mastercard

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
4 replies 2.1K views
MoneyEMMoneyEM Forumite
106 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
I ordered sky broadband with £50 prepaid MasterCard offer. Less than 4 days later I see it advertised with a £100 card. I was just wondering what my success rate was likely to be if I was to ask Sky to honour the higher gift card rate? Has anyone else tried?

Replies

• I think I have seen people say on here that they've negotiated a better offer. You're still in the cooling off period so it is definitely worth a try. If you're unsuccessful, you could always cancel and reapply under the new offer - whether it's worth the hassle will obviously depend on your circumstances.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    anactuary wrote: »
    I think I have seen people say on here that they've negotiated a better offer. You're still in the cooling off period so it is definitely worth a try. If you're unsuccessful, you could always cancel and reapply under the new offer - whether it's worth the hassle will obviously depend on your circumstances.

They might decide they're not "new customers" if they cancel and try again.
  • I’m probably not in their cooling off period because (stupidly) I thought they would honour the increased rate as you had to wait 30 days after activation to claim. I’m nearly at 30 days now but I just saw on my account it says £50.

I mean it’s not the end of the world because it’s still a free £50 but I could have got double. I will try on live chat tomorrow :D nothing ventured nothing gained lol
  • mgfvvcmgfvvc Forumite
    721 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    MoneyEM wrote: »
    I thought they would honour the increased rate as you had to wait 30 days after activation to claim.

I'm looking for where it says I have to claim this. There is nothing I can see in the correspondence to say I need to wait 30 days or claim it somehow? As far as I can see it's just another line on my order.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals