IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

G24 Ltd Final PCN received, free 2hr parking but can pay to stay longer

Options
Hi Everyone

I have received a final PCN to pay £100 from G24. I parked at homebase notice says I stayed over by 31mins.
I parked their at beginning of August 2018.
There was a handwritten notice saying I could pay to park for longer. I paid and received a till receipt. It's been over a month I don't have the till receipt. I have parked there before and purchased items on other occasions I have receipt for £75 from September 2017.
Homebase did say that they could cancel ticket if I found the till recipiet.
What is my best course of action? Letter says it's to late to appeal. Also in large letters it says " To avoid additional costs payment must be made by" but no date is given.

Thank you :o

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to get an understanding of the game you are now caught up in and how to deal with this

As you look to be too late to appeal you are now in the debt collectors stage. All explained in #4 of the FAQ

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

The Ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
  • Machine23
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for the reply. I've read the newbies thread.
    The notice I have received is from G24 the the car parking company, it says they will forward the debt to a debt recovery agency within 28 days if not paid.
    So I was thinking use the template and appeal using route #3?

And going to homebase store and pointing out that I am a customer with reciepts and see if they will get it cancelled. Has anyone had any success this way?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    yes you should complain and get the retailer or landowner to cancel it, even the NEWBIES sticky thread tells you that, plus the crabman sticky thread has a sticky thread about complaining whish we recommend that everyone does, all the time

doesnt matter what G24 say, no money is owed unless a judge says so

so landowner or retailer complaint FIRST, then appeal in good time if its not cancelled (using the blue text template, unaltered in any way, located in post #1 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, and IGNORE the mse dubious advice on the MSE pages)

and NO REVEALING who was driving , at all , to anyone
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Machine23 wrote: »
    Hi
    Thanks for the reply.

Don't mention it!

But why ignore the sound advice you were given??
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Machine23
    Options
    I don't have the receipt from the day I parked there.
  • rab27
    Options
    got a parking notice from g24 who run the car park at my local b&m store. overstayed by 15min. went back to the store a couple of days after recieving the letter and spoke to the manager and asked him how to take matters forward. he told me if i can prove i spent more than £30 in store they can email g24 and have the charge cancelled. i took a printout of my credit card statement in the next day as i had binned the reciept. it showed i spent £38 on the day of the charge. he sent them an email in the morning and phoned me the same afternoon to say the charge was waived. i take it a lot of stores would have the same policy as they dont want to lose custom. gl.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 September 2018 at 7:33PM
    Options
    Machine23 wrote: »
    And going to homebase store and pointing out that I am a customer with reciepts and see if they will get it cancelled. Has anyone had any success this way?
    Yes of course.

Did you not yet click on the link in the NEWBIES thread, to the thread called:

successful complaints about PPCs

... which has loads of G24 retailer cancellations. It's sad that people miss the info that's already here. I don't show that link in the NEWBIES thread for fun, and didn't spend ridiculous hours collating hundreds of examples of successful complaints, spanning several years and hundreds of parking firms, only for newbies not to read it.

Also, just putting G24 as a keyword, into the forum 'advanced search' function finds ALL the other threads, all cancelled by retailers or being cheerfully laughed at, and ignored.

Now this bit interests me, what do you mean?
    There was a handwritten notice saying I could pay to park for longer.
    Which retailer made that offer and how much did it cost? NEVER heard of that licence being granted, then the retailer pretending it didn't exist.

Are you saying some bright spark took money for parking for longer? Pretty sure G24 would not allow that anyway but it created a new contract and you abided by it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Machine23
    Options
    Are you saying some bright spark took money for parking for longer?
    Basically yes

So if I mention to the homebase manager I'm going to the appeal the G24 parking charge on the basis a receipt by Homebase was given in return for allowing parking over 2hours management may concede and agree to get the parking charge cancelled.

Seeing HomeBase are in financial difficulties at the moment, I don't think they will risk loosing anymore customers.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 5 August 2020 at 11:56AM
    Options
    You need to ask on what authority were Homebase offering a parking contract at a price, with a handwritten note and taking money for it through the tills, and that if they don't cancel this you will go to:

- Homebase's Head Office and CEO
    - the press
    - and Trading Standards
    - and will tell G24 what Homebase did, in a car park where the contract no doubt says only G24 have the contract for parking licences.

Homebase have taken money from drivers with a PROMISE of parking, while exposing the person to a fake 'fine' from an IPC firm who offer no appeal and intimidate people with debt demands until they pay £100 - £160 to make it go away.

Practise what to say, this complaint needs to be quite robust!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure