Holiday Autos Car Hire Agent

Options
MSE recommended Holiday Autos to me but beware of this company.

Holiday Autos booked me a three day car hire from Murcia airport, Spain with a car rental company called Rhodium/ Goldcar arriving on 21st August. I prepaid the car hire in the UK with Holiday Autos and the paperwork I was given at the time of the booking stated I had NOTHING more to pay. However on arrival the car hire company advised that I had a further euros 23 to pay before I was given the car, I duly did as I needed the car! I then returned the car without damage and the day after arrival back to the UK on 24th August discovered that Rhodium/Goldcar took £181 on my credit card without explaining why. I complained immediately to Holiday Autos who gave me the impression that they would have preferred if I dealt with Rhodium Goldcar, however they agreed to investigate it if I provided all the paperwork and outlined my complaint using an online submission form (I did this on 25th August ). I have been waiting for Holiday Autos to deal with my complaint ever since. So far they have done nothing except to tell me they are busy. I WILL NEVER use Holiday Autos again.
I have also complained to the car hire company subsequently and heard nothing so far.

NB Holiday Autos should NOT be directing customers to car hire companies like Rhodium/Goldcar who steal from and scam their clients.

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Google Goldcar complaints and Green motion complaints.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    Just open a Section 75 dispute with your credit card provider.
  • cubegame
    cubegame Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Holiday Autos are generally very good with responding to complaints but they are generally quite slow.

The real problem here is that you allowed yourself to be scammed. Hire car companies have to charge someone to make money with the low rates they hire at - you've just chosen to be that person who's subsidising rentals for those of us who don't go into renting a car with their eyes closed.

Sorry, but that's the way it is.
  • Please explain what you mean with my eyes closed? I should have taken photos of the car etc, I agree but what more are you suggesting I should have done? The Rhodium car hire office was closed on returning the vehicle so what could I have done about this?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure