Nappies

Options
What nappies do you use for new borns?

We were buying the pampers for our two month old, and they are fine.. however the t**co ones are essentially the exact same (potentially better?!), and work out nearly 6p cheaper per nappy.

Are there any other nappy brands that we should consider?

I take it there are no magic nappies which let the baby sleep through the night if they pee in the nappy? This always wakes our wee man up and then we have to resettle him etc.

Comments

• Grezz24
    Options
    We use nappies from Lidl, we find they are better than the tesco/asda etc. But its personal preference and what works for you may not for the next parents.

(the pull ups dont hold as much as the ones the with sticky flaps)
  • chelseablue
    Options
    My son is 4 now but I used to buy Aldi nappies and they were great
  • sk240
    sk240 Posts: 474 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Another vote for Aldi, been using them for years with no issue at all.
    The wipes are good too.
  • Kynthia
    Kynthia Posts: 5,669 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I used whatever supermarket I was using at the time. This has included Aldi, Lidl, Sainsbury's, Tesco, and Ocado. Give other brands a try and see if they work for you.

Remember the number is the size and + means they are the same size but extra absorbent. I often used the plus ones at night if they weren't coping with a full night of weeing.
    Don't listen to me, I'm no expert!
  • Old_Grey_Mare
    Options
    My grandson had Aldi nappies until he was about 6 months old. They were fine. A combination of a severe nappy rash, leakage after a nights use and a very wriggly child and we switched to Pampers nappy pants. They are excellent. They are always on offer somewhere.
  • ThinkPink
    Options
    I found up to size 3 Aldi were quite good, but once he got bigger I found they regularly leaked. I didn't really like Lidl as they didn't have much stretch in them.

I personally think it's trial and error. I really like Sainsbury's and found they rarely leaked in the night. I do sometimes get pampers but only when they are half price!
  • Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Aldi and lidl work for us. We don't get on with sainburys or tesco.
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Aldi's here. I was really surprised at how good they are with my grandchildren.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes Aldi are so cheap and are very good.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/groceries/baby/nappies-and-wipes
  • ScarletRibbons
    Options
    My DD found that P*mpers gave her 2nd child a rash, but A*di nappies seem to be fine. I think her first child was in A*ldi nappies as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure