Money Moral Dilemma: = Is it fair for me to scream every time I see yet another fake problem

Options
13»

Comments

• miriamac
    miriamac Posts: 2,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    That's good if the person joins in the discussion.

I still don't understand why they wouldn't start their own thread though.

I think that the 'Moneysaving Moral Dilemma' used to be chosen from existing threads on the forum. Usually on this board.

Once published in the newsletter, the thread would receive new posts. Sometimes many new posts. Sometimes reactivating a thread which had become dormant.

This irritated some posters.

Other posters - including the OPs of the threads - were concerned that MSE were publicising people's problems through the newsletter. Their concerns included fears that the OPs might be recognised by a wider audience.

MSE stopped doing that and took a different approach.

This irritated some posters...
    What would Buzz do?

I used to be Snow White - but I drifted.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,718 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Spendless wrote: »
    ^^^^ This 100%. There was a MMD a while back about some issue to do with a camera and part of it was that the person had no insurance. Of course, it was simple to reply, 'should have had insurance'. The person who emailed in the dilemma then joined the site to talk about it more and the situation re the insurance was far more complex than 'they didn't have any'.

Whilst I see the need to edit what might be a long question, missing out vital information makes it all a bit pointless.
    I actually think missing out vital information makes it all totally pointless.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes - the moderators of this forum have a history and dredging up threads from the past in order to generate traffic, albeit fake really.
  • Homeagain
    Options
    It seems to me that the OP rather likes starting irritating threads too and thereafter making no comment whatsoever.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Homeagain wrote: »
    It seems to me that the OP rather likes starting irritating threads too and thereafter making no comment whatsoever.

Which OP would that be? I think mse are really guilty of that!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure