🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Can I put new money into 2 IFISAs in the same tax year?

Options
If I put £5,000 into an IFISA with Zopa, and £5,000 into a cash ISA, may I then transfer the cash ISA's current-year contribution of £5,000 to an IFISA with RateSetter, effectively getting new money into two IFISAs in the same tax year?

Or do the ISA rules forbid this?
Thus the old Gentleman ended his Harangue. The People heard it, and approved the Doctrine, and immediately practised the Contrary, just as if it had been a common Sermon; for the Vendue opened ...
THE WAY TO WEALTH, Benjamin Franklin, 1758 AD

Comments

• Wildsound
    Options
    The ISA rules forbid this.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,546 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You need to wait until after the end of the tax year to transfer the cash ISA (at which point it becomes 'previous year money' and disregarded for the purposes of the disallowed combination of ISAs rule).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport