NS&I CUTTING ISA interest rate

Options
I received an email yesterday to the effect that National Savings and Investments are actually cutting the paltry savings rate on their ISA from 1% to 0.75%. I've already moved money out of this ISA due to the abysmal savings rate. Do they want to actually lose customers, I wonder? :cool:

Comments

• Money_Grabber13579
    Options
    I think the answer is yes, given I understand that they have already exceeded the governments target for raising finance this year...
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Sapphire wrote: »
    I received an email yesterday to the effect that National Savings and Investments are actually cutting the paltry savings rate on their ISA from 1% to 0.75%. I've already moved money out of this ISA due to the abysmal savings rate. Do they want to actually lose customers, I wonder? :cool:

Bit of a bloody cheek for a Govt. savings provider to cut savings interest rates at at a time when interest rates have gone up ! Hardly sets an example to other providers.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mr_K wrote: »
    Bit of a bloody cheek for a Govt. savings provider to cut savings interest rates at at a time when interest rates have gone up ! Hardly sets an example to other providers.
    So you completely missed the point being made by the previous poster then?

NS&I's role isn't to set an example to other providers, its unique position within the industry is to raise money towards a specific government-set net financing target - in 2018/19 the target is £6bn (+/- £3bn) and by the end of Q1 they'd already got to £3.1bn, so that's hardly the time to put the foot on the gas and try to attract more money faster....
  • Peelerfart
    Options
    I've done my bit to help the government and transferred my morsle from there today.
    Space available for rent
  • nbrewitt
    Options
    In the process of moving my ISA to another provider. Farewell NS&I.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure