Sky Original Bundle?

2»

Comments

• There are some differences between Freesat & Freesat from Sky with slightly more channels from the Sky option. The list of current Freesat channels are listed here in the August update:

I can't see any of the Asian TV channels there (I used to actually work for ViewAsia :) ), just an Asian radio station.

Sky Q would be a waste for your parents as Sky will charge £12 a month extra on top of the base price so they can (or more likely don't) record more channels at the same time.

Not true - Q isn't any more expensive than Sky+HD. The £12 extra is only if you want UHD or multiroom.
  • wilfy101 wrote: »
    Not true - Q isn't any more expensive than Sky+HD. The £12 extra is only if you want UHD or multiroom.

The OP's parents already have a +HD contract, trying to renegotiate and get Sky Q thrown in will 100% result in an additional £12 charge or alternatively a £199 one off charge so in this case you're wrong.
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks all. Just to provide an update.

I managed to get Sky down to £11/month (they initially offered £15 then £13) for the Entertainment package and in an unexpected but pleasant surprise they even waived the £10 admin charge which they originally said they were unable to do :)

Thanks for everyone's help.
  • andrew-b
    andrew-b Posts: 2,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 2 October 2018 at 11:52PM
    The OP's parents already have a +HD contract, trying to renegotiate and get Sky Q thrown in will 100% result in an additional £12 charge or alternatively a £199 one off charge so in this case you're wrong.
    I phoned up yesterday with the intention of leaving. Walked away with £15/month for Entertainments package, Boxsets, Kids and HD . 18 month contract and £10 admin fee (deal agreed was £18 but they had computer issues and when manager approved it was £3 less). I was previously paying £15.80 so i'm getting the same for less! However I asked about Sky Q box and they offered it for just £20 with installation...needless to say i bit their hand off and paid £20 on the spot. Our Sky+ HD box is 8 years old now so probably due to break soon! Don't ask don't get!
  • andrew-b
    andrew-b Posts: 2,413 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Incidentally my in-laws upgraded to Sky Q box and kept the same cable ...just changed the LNB on the satellite dish. So new cable might not always be necessary.
  • andrew-b wrote: »
    Incidentally my in-laws upgraded to Sky Q box and kept the same cable ...just changed the LNB on the satellite dish. So new cable might not always be necessary.

Good to know about no £12 charge for Q, they do seem more susceptible to a deal on TV at the moment so it may be one of their periodic sea changes. I'm in a rolling monthly contract so I might have to give them a call.

The engineer will only replace the cable if there's any obvious damage or perhaps if it's old as they can be liable to water ingress at the dish end over many years.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good to know about no £12 charge for Q, they do seem more susceptible to a deal on TV at the moment so it may be one of their periodic sea changes. I'm in a rolling monthly contract so I might have to give them a call.

When I did the deal a couple of weeks ago, it took virtually no effort on my part to get a deal I was happy with PLUS at the first mention of the admin fee I suggested it was a deal breaker - the CSA dropped it without an argument:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure