Forged cheque nightmare - HSBC making me pay £10,500

Options
123457»

Comments

• malacka96
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    I'm afraid, it sounds as if you have learned the hard way that giving another person your login credentials, and even let them add their fingerprints to your touchid, is a recipe for disaster. I can't see that the bank or the FOS will believe you that you were not complicit in the scam. The best you can hope for is an agreement with HSBC for paying back the money in small instalments. You should arrnage for this before they mark your credit file and/or your CIFAS record.

If you need assistance, you could try https://www.stepchange.org.

Good luck. It's a terrible situation to be in but I am sure you will come out the other end.
    Thank you. And yes I see what you mean, he is clearly a skilled fraudster who met a dumb unsuspecting person, was the perfect combination for his plan. it's terrible that I met someone who is so evil. This has been a painful but massive learning experience, my friends used to tell me that I trust people too easily and a poor judge of character. My parents have always labelled me as naive. From this I know not to trust anyone ever again, it has made me a lot more reserved but I think that this is for the best so I never have to be fooled to this extent again. Definitely has opened my eyes to how twisted, malicious and purely evil people can be, and how people can pretend to be lovely but are really devils in disguise. It's strange how differently I used to look at the world this time last year. Probably the biggest lesson I'll ever experience in life.
  • malacka96
    Options
    No i think the guy has a point..how many millions would be saved if people had to prove they can actually be trusted with a bank account,how many times do we see the same old stories about people being conned.

We all know full well about not giving details out over the phone but it still happens far to often,but in this case it sounds like someone has done something dodgy thinking they will get a good pay out for helping and have been ripped off...just my opinion obviously.

Hit the link as it pretty much sums it all up...:D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXzUde5DMUo&list=RDtXzUde5DMUo&start_radio=1&t=4
    Hang on a second, are you suggesting that I deliberately did this?

First of all, my dad has had money stolen from him before and I have myself, so I could not fathom doing that to somebody else. Stealing money from somebody can destroy their life, possibly leave one homeless and starving or dead. It is one of the most evil things anybody can do to another person. Fraudsters should be burned at the stake, and to put me on their level is wicked of you.

Secondly, do you really think if I wanted to do fraud I would do it in an account with my real full birth name? Clearly my demon ex and whoever used my account so that they could not be traced. Fraud gets you arrested, you get jailed for it. You really think I would commit fraud on an account with my full name and address details, passport picture attached etc. when the police would find me immediately and throw me in prison? Use your brain before speaking such nonsense. I don't even care about being nice anymore, where has that gotten me?
  • Terry_Towelling
    Options
    I understand that it would seem foolish for anyone to commit fraud with their own details (as you have stated) but, equally, the bank/police might say what better way to hide than to do something so obviously self-incriminating. Anyway, that aside, you will surely now wish to work very hard to bring your ex to book and to clear your reputation.

Do you have any photographs of him? Did he drive? What car? What registration? Any photos of the car? He may already be known to the police, so even just showing them a picture of him may help trace him. Did you ever visit the place he lived? What age was he - if he ever told you the truth about that? How long had you known him? He's possibly done this before. Are the police even remotely interested?

Lots of questions but you shouldn't go down without a fight in your attempts to clear your name.

If your identity was used to open an Ulster Bank account that was made using your home address, did you never receive a letter from Ulster Bank at your home address welcoming you to your new account? How did the chequebook get delivered to your ex when it should have gone to your home address? Did Ulster Bank never contact you to say a cheque drawn on the account had bounced and try to charge you for it? Is it likely that Ulster Bank would have CCTV footage if the account was opened online and by a male in a female name? - unless there was a female accomplice.

Don't stop being nice, just be careful who you trust. Don't stay in a relationship with anyone who wants to control you and accuses you of things just to get his own way. Trust has to be earned, not demanded with menaces. Don't let anyone get any closer to you than you can get to them - at least in the early months - and never reveal anything that will let anyone get at your money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure