Flight ei3635

Hi all,
I've been pursuing a claim with Aer lingus for the above flight since March. The flight was October 3rd 2012. Birmingham to Shannon. I suspect they will just delay until after the six years is up but they have finally responded stating the flight had minimal disruption and isn't eligible for compensation. The delay was in fact over four hours from memory. Whilst it's probably futile can anyone provide the actual delay time? My brother made a claim through a company and was successful but being a stubborn git I didn't want to pay anyone!
Having lodged the complaint does it mean the should still address it even after the six years or can they just ignore me from there on?

Any advice gratefully received!
Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 September 2018 at 4:54PM
    You must start legal proceedings through the small claims court before the 6 years are up. If you don't it is all over for you. Download and read vaubans guide and send a letter before action on page 6 give them 14 days to pay. If you hear nothing or get rejected you must immediately start court proceedings. You will have to use ESCP as they are based in Eire.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure