Newsgroups (binary): recommendations please

Options
Hiya,

I was with Zen Internet some time ago who had their own excellent newsgroups. I am now with NewNet who have a virtually non-existant NG setup. I also had a 10Gb limit with TeraNews which brought the combined package for NewNet + TeraNews to roughly what I was paying (£25 pm) with Zen (who were superb).

I am thinking of returning to Zen but am also considering going to a cheaper (plain net access) provider i.e. Sky, and couple that with another 3rd party newsgroup provider.

I would appreciate any recommendations, especially those based on personal experience.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• dagger_meerkat
    Options
    Try Giganews, they hv very long retention ratios, almost any groups you would want and offer upto 10 d/w streams. Good value for money considerin the £/$ xr.
  • tomthered
    Options
    Try Astraweb who offer monthly or you can buy 25 or 90 gb to use when you want. Also ngroups.net. am with them at mo. they offer encrypted access if you want to stop the ISP snooping what you downloading. also 12 connections. I pat £4.99 monthly but got a special deal in October
  • teffers
    teffers Posts: 698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Newshosting.com are the best I've been with and I've tried just about them all. Unfortunately I'm forced to use Usenetserver.com (who aren't bad) because my isp's awful bandwidth throttling is least affected by SSL connections (giganews is just too expensive for me)

You don't wanna be paying much more than $15 - $20 a month for unlimited really.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure