»

Balance transfers help please

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Balance transfers help please

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
5 replies 685 views
N09N09 Forumite
2 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
I have went round in circles with where to post a question, can someone please give me a link of which board I post a question that I have on regards of balance transfers
TIA

Replies

• Willing2LearnWilling2Learn Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are in the right place now!! :) What is your question?

And welcome to the MSE forum
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • N09N09 Forumite
    2 posts
    Thank you I was worried about posting in the wrong board.

My question is I recently balance transferred from mbna (as the interest free period was up) to Lloyd’s to get a new interest free period. However I already had a balance from purchases on my Lloyd’s card, which is creating a lot of interest. mbna are offering another balance transfer interest free, Can I transfer an amount (purchases amount attracting interest) onto mbna and would that leave the interest free balance transfer amount on Lloyd’s. Will that work?
    If that makes sense.
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    26.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. The highest rate debt will always be transferred.
  • foxy-stoatfoxy-stoat Forumite
    6.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    How much is the balance and how much is the interest rate?
  • PRAISETHESUNPRAISETHESUN Forumite
    1.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    You should be able to do as you propose - Lloyds will allocate payments towards the portion of your balance attracting the highest interest rate (ie. your purchases) so you can transfer this away to your new 0% card. Make sure to account for any trailing interest!