Oh pants I messed up BIG!!!

Options

Comments

• Broke_Bear
    Options
    Well that was a lovely start to the weekend, OH brought me a cup of coffee in bed as I had a lovely lie in until about 8.30 :D OH is currently making breakfast of home grown tomatoes on toast - my current favourite as I grew them for the first time this year :T

Well one load of washing is already in and after breakfast it is on with the decorating. DSD is making dinner tonight as she has decided she likes cooking - macaroni cheese it is then:)

hoping for an NSD for me today...fingers crossed
    If thou of fortune be bereft, and of thine earthly store hath left,Two loaves, Sell one and with the dole, buy hyacinths to feed the soul. 'Anon'

Debt Dec '19 - £30,678
    Debt End of Dec '23 - £0.00 - 100% paid off
    Entering the debt free life and hoping to stay that way permanently!
  • SeasideGirl
    Options
    Afternoon, came for read of your thread - I'm so sorry about your labradors :(
    I am pet-free for the first time in years (had to have my rescue cat PTS last November) and there is a bit of a hole in my life. Because I am on a fixed-term contract where I'm currently working, there's a chance I may need to work away from home either early or mid next year if there isn't another contract where I am, so I can't get another cat (or two) at the moment.
    Exciting times with the bathroom - mine is next on the list but likely to be around March time.

Lovely start to your day, hope the decorating goes smoothly!

(PS subscribed to your thread)
    Sept 2018
    Virgin CC1..................... 3334...........33.34.....19.17 Virgin CC2..................... 5775...........57.75..... 0
    DFS Sofa....................... 251.84........41.98.....0 Wickes Kitchen..............3305.42…...80.62....0
  • Broke_Bear
    Options
    Hi Seaside Girl, thanks for popping in :)

Decorating is coming on ok, almost got the wall stripped back, another hour or so and I will be able to break out the polyfill@ and start patching up and sanding down ready for painting tomorrow.

The house is sooo quiet without the bears but as my job is so far from home now (company re-located us so instead of 15 mins I now have to travel a 1-1.5 hours each way due to traffic) I cannot justify getting another just yet, though I am considering a rescue moggie in the not too distant future. I will for now though concentrate on getting a job closer to home and cut down the commute, I miss having my furries waiting to greet me but slowly getting there!

Oh well, tea break is nearly over, time to get back to the stripping of the wallpaper.

x
    If thou of fortune be bereft, and of thine earthly store hath left,Two loaves, Sell one and with the dole, buy hyacinths to feed the soul. 'Anon'

Debt Dec '19 - £30,678
  • Broke_Bear
    Options
    Well I managed to get the wall stripped and 1 coat of paint done (will need another 2 coats, possibly get one of these done tomorrow).

Coming up to the end of the month and I am looking forward to updating my signature on Sunday with my first month's figures. I have already started planning for next month using YNAB and balancing the books, just need to know my actual pay figure which I will find out tomorrow and see if my projections are on target.

In other news, it has been over a month and the house is far too quiet without the bears, have talked through with OH and getting a pup is not an option at the moment but....we are now officially looking for a kitten :j

Debt Dec '19 - £30,678
  • Broke_Bear
    Options
    Well first month end and the scores on the doors are updated for my signature. Not too bad with the limited means, this is definitely going to be a long haul.

BC-10,385.85
    M- 6,346.98
    T- 6,676.15
    V- 5,296.32
    L- 0

£28,705.30
    1.75% paid off

On the positive side, I have not used any of the cards all month and although the bank balance has taken a slight beating, I have reached the end of the month without hitting the bottom of the overdraft (its only £250 max and I am using YNAB to bring this down) so all in all a positive start.

Going forward to month 2 DFW campaign, things will be very tight as it is the darling OH's birthday and its a special number so no escaping on that one, although we have agreed no presents due to the current financial situation there is still a meal out and i still feel there should be a card and a little something to open for my gorgeous on his 'happy getting old day'!!

Debt Dec '19 - £30,678
  • Broke_Bear
    Options
    Well so far this month is not going as planned! It has been rather spendy to say the least! I have had to put 1 item of £100 onto the BC and many of my ynab categories are looking very slimline for getting to the end of the month unscathed. It has not helped that both OH and I have been struck with this awful cold that is doing the rounds and have just wanted to eat, comfort eat and then eat some more....there may have been takeaways too. Bad Broke Bear!!!

Well there will need to be many NSD's this month to make it work but will do my best. Now off back to bed to hibernate until this cold clears off!!

Debt Dec '19 - £30,678
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have a similar cold, but was able to work from home; I hope you get well soon.

Your overdraft is not in your list of debts; maybe you should add it, as it is usually a high-interest loan.

Do you have any animals at home? If not, have you already completely cancelled your pet insurance?

Do you have any idea what type of kitten you are looking for? A special race, or just any cute kitten? There are huge price differences, and to be honest, I don't think you can afford a 'brand' kitten just now.
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • Broke_Bear
    Options
    Hi Siebrie, yes the dogs insurance was completely cancelled and the only other pet we had was a corn snake who is not insured.

Our wee kitten has arrived, she is a generic tabby 9 weeks old and is already ruling the roost!
    4 weeks free pet plan insurance then we will take out a full version.

The overdraft is interest free and is being brought down each month using ynab. It is less than £200 and gets paid in full each month with my wages but obviously gets used again (less so each time) as I allocate a small amount to it so I will clear it. I think next month I will have enough in my ynab pots to not go into the overdraft but if I need to use the pots then I would be back in it so I will keep 'paying it down' as per ynab separately to my other pots and hopefully will not need to dip in to pots until cleared fully IYKWIM.

Debt Dec '19 - £30,678
  • digitpedia
    Options
    Broke_Bear wrote: »
    I have just put all my figures in there and the calculator says I can clear this in 57 months which is just under 5 years, I think if I can do it in under 6 allowing for the unexpected I will be a very happy bear!!

That would be an amazing achievement, good luck, it looks like you're going about it in the right way so there's no reason you can't achieve it :)
  • Broke_Bear
    Broke_Bear Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks digitpedia, I am really hoping I can as me and OH want to get married and do ‘normal’ things like have a life and holidays and things.

Debt Dec '19 - £30,678
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback