Best price for Sky Sports... only want American Football

Sky Sports is getting ever more expensive, but we only want it for American Football.

Can anyone tell me if there's a cheaper way to watch this, or whether there are any deals coming up? I'm not aware of any way you can buy a single sports channel or for that matter whether the NFL games are scheduled for the same side if that's possible. It's for my husband. He watches NFL but not college football.

Don't want to be paying for Sky to buy Premier League games. No interest there.

TIA
Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm no expert on the sports channels, but Now TV lets you dip in and out of Sky Sports as and when you like. I can't speak for their competitiveness generally, but there are frequent deals on offer.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 1 September 2018 at 7:56PM
    NFL Game Pass
    https://www.nflgamepass.com/en
    from their website
    NFL Game Pass is only available to users located inside Europe. Additional blackout restrictions apply in the UK and Republic of Ireland. Blacked-out games will be made available on demand in the NFL Game Pass archives 24 hours after their original telecast. Game broadcasts and content included in the service are available only in English. NFL Game Pass is intended for personal use only and is not specifically intended for commercial use. For a full description of device-specific features, requirements, limitations, and other information, visit our FAQ.
    So if Sky shows a particular NFL game, it is not available to watch live.

Pricing
    ANNUAL
    Subscription
    £ 139.99
    or 4 x £35.00 instalments
    until 31 July 2019

WEEKLY
    Subscription
    £ 14.99
    7 days access
  • vivatifosi
    vivatifosi Posts: 18,746
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee! PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    I think NFL Game Pass is the way forward, thanks. Although it is more expensive, you get so much more for your money.
    Please stay safe in the sun and learn the A-E of melanoma: A = asymmetry, B = irregular borders, C= different colours, D= diameter, larger than 6mm, E = evolving, is your mole changing? Most moles are not cancerous, any doubts, please check next time you visit your GP.
  • OP, Now TV sports passes range in price from about £8 for a day pass to £33 for a month. Cancel when you want (no 12 month contract). As the season is only 6 months, it might be cheaper to do it that way. There are usually deals to be had as well - often if you go to cancel a month pass, they'll offer you half price for a few months. I got an email last month offering Now TV sports for £19 a month for 3 months. You need good BB speed though as it is all streamed. Could be a pain if your BB is patchy.
  • vivatifosi wrote: »
    I think NFL Game Pass is the way forward, thanks. Although it is more expensive, you get so much more for your money.

Definitely game pass, the only problem you will have is that the games shown on SKY will not be available on game pass - they will be BLACKED OUT.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure