Equiniti Shareview email address

Options
nfs_daemon
nfs_daemon Posts: 14 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 25 August 2018 at 5:02PM in Savings & investments
Anybody got one?

I want to ask them some generic questions about share dealing, but all I can find is a phone number (no thanks, I want to do this in writing), or a postal address. There's not even a messaging service available to registered customers.

[RANT]

Absolutely unacceptable for there not to be an email option. If I had my way it would be illegal for any company doing business online to not have one.

[/RANT]

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can email them once registered via secure message
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • nfs_daemon
    Options
    I am registered - cannot find any messaging option on the website.
  • nfs_daemon
    Options
    I know it's been a while, but this issue has arisen again, and I realised that I didn't properly reply to this at the time.

Firstly, as I said, I had generic questions about share dealing, so quite clearly if they had nothing to do with any particular account or individual or shareholding, there should be no reason on earth why I should have to register to be able to ask them.

Secondly, and I cannot express this strongly enough, a messaging facility on a website is not, not, NOT email.  It just isn't.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Secondly, and I cannot express this strongly enough, a messaging facility on a website is not, not, NOT email.  It just isn't.
    ....which is of course exactly why financial institutions offer secure messaging facilities rather than email.
  • coyrls
    coyrls Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    there should be no reason on earth why I should have to register to be able to ask them.
    But you've said that you are registered with them, so what's the problem?
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Browntoa said:
    I know it's off topic but now that I spot a Guide may I ask, without giving confidential detail, why colsten has been banned from posting.  
  • eskbanker
    Options
    schiff said:
    Browntoa said:
    I know it's off topic but now that I spot a Guide may I ask, without giving confidential detail, why colsten has been banned from posting.  
    Not only off topic but out of date, that post from a board guide was nearly two years ago!
  • nfs_daemon
    Options
    eskbanker said:
    ....which is of course exactly why financial institutions offer secure messaging facilities rather than email.
    Please advance a rational, intelligent, evidence based explanation of why email can NEVER be a suitable way to communicate.
  • nfs_daemon
    Options
    coyrls said:
    there should be no reason on earth why I should have to register to be able to ask them.
    But you've said that you are registered with them, so what's the problem?
    There are two problems:

1) They do not have an email address.

2) I asked if anybody knew of an email address and Browntoa thought that telling me about something which wasn't an email address was a good answer.
  • eskbanker
    Options
    eskbanker said:
    Please advance a rational, intelligent, evidence based explanation of why email can NEVER be a suitable way to communicate.
    Please advance a rational, intelligent, evidence based explanation of why you feel you should have the right to specify which channels of communication any organisation should support.

https://equiniti.com/uk/contact-us/ unsurprisingly points people to online help and secure messaging, while also offering phone and Twitter contact options, so they obviously feel these represent a sufficient variety of channels.  You obviously disagree.  Hey ho....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback