IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Bridgegate legal debt collector letter

Options

Comments

• twhitehousescat
    Options
    Hello,

Back February time i got a private parking ticket that i never paid. This is due to the car park being known for giving tickets but no one ever paying and nothing ever happening. ( i have done this before and so have multiple friends.) I had originally brought a ticket i was just 5/10 minutes late back to my car and in the time i was ticketed.

Anyway i hadn't heard anything from them apart from a letter from ZZPN which i also ignored (after reading many forums saying to) and now i have received a letter from bridgegate legal whoa re saying i need to pay a £306 fine (this is with a administration fee and if i don't pay in time it will be increased). i have tried googling the company to see if i cant find any information but there isn't anything. i also received a email saying that if i don't pay they will pass it on to carry out a door collection.

i just don't know if this is legit so can i have some help please?

I have now received an email from bridge gate legal that says if they don't hear from me then they will be passing my account onto a field collection agency who will call to my property to collect a payment before court proceedings? I'm quite scared and not sure on what to do. Also i still with my parents so i don't own any property so are they able to come round?

thanks

you listed in yellow pages or what?

how have the got your email address if you have ignored all communication
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have now received an email from bridge gate legal that says if they don't hear from me then they will be passing my account onto a field collection agency who will call to my property to collect a payment before court proceedings? I'm quite scared and not sure on what to do. Also i still with my parents so i don't own any property so are they able to come round?

You have been told you are dealing with lying scum, they won't come round, they have no powers, they have no bailiffs, the amount they are claiming is ridiculous, and even if it went to court and you lost it wouldn't be that amount, and it'e not and never was a "fine".

In the unlikely event that someone came round just tell them to FO!
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    If they do turn up, yuo can very politely go tell them to shove their request wheer the sun doesnt shine
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    If they do turn up, yuo can very politely go tell them to shove their request wheer the sun doesnt shine

Burnley? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,359 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Either you have misunderstood what they have told you, or they are lying.

They cannot come to your home before court proceedings.
    They cannot get anyone else to come to your home before court proceedings.
    They cannot start court proceedings.

All they can legitimately do is send you very poor quality bog paper.
    Post 4 of the NEWBIES tells you precisely what to do about debt collectors. Ignore them.
    Start by ignoring them for five minutes and see how you get on.
    If that works, try ignoring them for a few hours, then a few days, then a few weeks, gradually building up until you find you are able to ignore them for the next six years. After that, you can ignore them for the rest of your life.

Only come back here if you get real court papers.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    There have been instances of companies threatening to come to somebody's house. One company threatened a visit by a "doorstep collection agent" Very useful if you want to get rid of some old doorsteps. This new company have now got more ambitious, hoping to collect a whole field.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    LOL this will not happen, hilarious old tosh, as we all know, your doorstep is safe!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • markt82
    Options
    just made the unfortunate mistake of using this company to collect debt for unpaid work they collected an initial fee and also the debt and have now disappeared.
    they have had director and address changes in the last month and have defaulted on the rent at the new trading address so it looks like they are a scam company, do not pay any money to this company
  • Leepeloo
    Options
    markt82 wrote: »
    just made the unfortunate mistake of using this company to collect debt for unpaid work they collected an initial fee and also the debt and have now disappeared.
    they have had director and address changes in the last month and have defaulted on the rent at the new trading address so it looks like they are a scam company, do not pay any money to this company
    Mark, the same thing has just happened to our company and someone else who we know, the day before you. Have you heard anything? I have reported them to Action Fraud and the bank but unsure what else we can do.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 October 2018 at 2:15PM
    Options
    Leepeloo wrote: »
    unsure what else we can do.

Posting on behalf of a company is frowned upon here - the steps you need to take to get clearance were fully explained as part of your signup.

Seems you also missed the bit about hijacking threads that you also clearly agreed to - esp as you are replying to another hijack from someone who made the mistake of actually using these parasites.

Also, if you had done your due diligence, you will find that debt vultures aren't well liked on here, so the number of people willing to actually help you with using them will be vanishingly small.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure