New plan...time to see some movement!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
1.6K replies 87.3K views

Replies

• jwiljwil Forumite
    12.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 'Feel the Fear and do it anyway' on my Kindle this morning as it was a 99p daily deal. I'd been planning on looking for it in the library as I read it years ago and enjoyed it. I had amazon vouchers so it didn't cost me anything :T

Todays' list (much the usual)
    [STRIKE]Check banks[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]PAD[/STRIKE]
    Surveys
    Sort out charity donation
    Walk at lunchtime

I've just looked at the phone book and my ebayer is in there :T I can post the parcel now :j Why didn't I do that first? :mad: :doh:
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • AaleighaAaleigha Forumite
    594 posts
    I did a nice supportive post and my internet threw me off

anyway it went something like this

some of the CBT groups in this area run i the evening with small groups about four

the group I was in became very supportive messaging each other to check all was ok and to message if we where having a tough day - that helped me far more than the course itself

thank you for letting me credit my list to you it is on my fridge - hubby thought the letters all meant something but could not make anything of them - when I told him he just looked and me smiled and gently shook his head :)
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE # 100
    pot 1 (unknown starting amount) £18 Pot 2 £10
    total £22.50
    EMERGENCY FUND
    £40/1000 plus some in my bank £138 total 178/1000
    DECLUTTER. 183/2019
  • HairyHandofDartmoorHairyHandofDartmoor Forumite
    12.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jwil wrote: »
    Thank you :) I think I might make the appointment.

Good luck with the decluttering, I haven't progressed much :D

Yes, I do find the surveys seem to slow down, especially the last one that will get you to cash out!

You are very welcome to name your lists after me :D I am honoured.

I find eBay fine throughout the year. I've always listed throughout. We've always have plenty of sales. I don't have a lot on at the moment, but DH does, and his stuff is still going well.

I find my anxiety cripples me physically, it all goes into my digestive system. It stops me doing a lot.

The nurse gave me a leaflet for self referral to various CBT courses. I'd like to go to the anxiety one, but I assume they are Mon-Fri daytimes and I won't be able to. I think I'll make the appointment with the doc and see if I can find out when they are held.
    Actually I think the CBT on the NHS is better for anxiety. It didn't suit me because I was suffering from grief and depression which is a very different thing. So I would definitely make an appointment to go along and give it a try. What have you got to lose?

I do think that modern life makes a lot of people very anxious. We need time to escape from doing and thinking about a million things at once, and having constant demands upon our time and thoughts. We need time to go out in nature and just be quiet and peaceful. That always makes me feel soothed anyway :o.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £1,500/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £50/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £144.37/£500
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £300. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300
  • HairyHandofDartmoorHairyHandofDartmoor Forumite
    12.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you got the Susan Jeffers book, it is really helpful for anxiety I think :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £1,500/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £50/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £144.37/£500
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £300. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300
  • jwiljwil Forumite
    12.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaleigha wrote: »
    I did a nice supportive post and my internet threw me off

anyway it went something like this

some of the CBT groups in this area run i the evening with small groups about four

the group I was in became very supportive messaging each other to check all was ok and to message if we where having a tough day - that helped me far more than the course itself

thank you for letting me credit my list to you it is on my fridge - hubby thought the letters all meant something but could not make anything of them - when I told him he just looked and me smiled and gently shook his head :)
    Actually I think the CBT on the NHS is better for anxiety. It didn't suit me because I was suffering from grief and depression which is a very different thing. So I would definitely make an appointment to go along and give it a try. What have you got to lose?

I do think that modern life makes a lot of people very anxious. We need time to escape from doing and thinking about a million things at once, and having constant demands upon our time and thoughts. We need time to go out in nature and just be quiet and peaceful. That always makes me feel soothed anyway :o.
    I'm glad you got the Susan Jeffers book, it is really helpful for anxiety I think :).

Thank you both. I will try and find out when they are. If they are daytime I can't go as I work but if they are evening I might be able to.
  • jwiljwil Forumite
    12.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday's list done :)

Todays' list (much the usual)
    [STRIKE]Check banks[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]PAD[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Surveys[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Sort out charity donation[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Walk at lunchtime[/STRIKE]
  • jwiljwil Forumite
    12.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed to cash out £5.29 on PA yesterday :T

Today's list. I'm finding these are helping me focus a bit :)
    • Check banks
    • PAD
    • Surveys
    • eBay listings
    • Update sales
    • Clean bathroom
    • Wash and dry clothes
    • Put washing away
    • Update declutter list
    • Finish anxiety book
    • SW
    • Meal plan
    • Walk to school
  • abba1772abba1772 Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    My PA seems to not like me at the moment, it's sitting at £14 at the moment wants to get to £20 so I avoid fees but surveys are very few and far between xx
    NEXT TARGET: NONE TIL AUGUST 2020
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90
    POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18
    POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28
    POAMAYC 2020 £8300.48/COLOR]
  • jwiljwil Forumite
    12.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    abba1772 wrote: »
    My PA seems to not like me at the moment, it's sitting at £14 at the moment wants to get to £20 so I avoid fees but surveys are very few and far between xx

No there's barely anything at the moment, I've been at £4.50 since before Christmas. I always cash out as soon as I can as I don't trust the sites :D
  • jwiljwil Forumite
    12.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've finally booked the appointment about my anxiety :T I've booked it for the day I've got physio as I need to book the day off for that anyway. There's plenty of time between them so should be fine in case of any delays. I've written on the note about the booking that it's about anxiety so I shouldn't be able to chicken out this time.