Rare Deal from EDF?

Options
Tostig
Tostig Posts: 5 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I'm an Energy Club Member :
Pre-information e-mail this morning says this "exclusive Easy Online Fixed 1yr September 2019 £25 MSE cashback" is deal not available directly from EDF. When I update my Energy Club quotes, the cheapest EDF option is shown as :
"EDF Energy
Easy Online Oct19
Fixed till 31 Oct 2019 No Cashback
Go to Site"

I'm in East Sussex, so does this mean I can't get the MSE Exclusive here after all? Otherwise how to I get to a specific quote for this exclusive MSE deal?

David

Comments

• Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,136 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I assume offer now expired, was long overdue probably the mse newsletter got them a lot of sign ups :)
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Urgent deal. EDF postcode lottery: stonker for some, stinker for others

- How long will the tariff be available? There's no official end date but we expect it to go soon given it's cheap for many.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 August 2018 at 9:35AM
    Options
    No cashbacks on the EDF Exclusive Easy Online Sep 19 tariff from Topcashback or Quidco. up to £80 cashback available on some of EDFs dearer tariffs but not that one.The Easy Online Oct 19 is nt very cheap even with Topcashbacks £80
    Eversmart s fixed yearly is still the cheapest in my area.
    The comp sites seem only to have a variable Eversmart tariff . The exact same rates are available on a fixed yearly direct from Eversmarts website.
    I think energy prices will rise before the winter so I am not going to opt for a variable tariff. If we exit the EU on a "no deal " the pound sterling will most likely drop against the US dollar
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,136 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I did my EDF Sep18 switch via Uswitch and got £40 TCB for dual fuel sign up. On my MSE cheap energy account I no longer see the Sep tariff so its definitely expired as opposed to a postcode restriction
  • Skools_Out
    Skools_Out Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 August 2018 at 11:36AM
    Options
    Tostig wrote: »
    I'm an Energy Club Member :
    Pre-information e-mail this morning says this "exclusive Easy Online Fixed 1yr September 2019 £25 MSE cashback" is deal not available directly from EDF. When I update my Energy Club quotes, the cheapest EDF option is shown as :
    "EDF Energy
    Easy Online Oct19
    Fixed till 31 Oct 2019 No Cashback
    Go to Site"

I'm in East Sussex, so does this mean I can't get the MSE Exclusive here after all? Otherwise how to I get to a specific quote for this exclusive MSE deal?

David

As others have indicated, I think you possibly missed the boat on this one.
    Or possibly, as you say you only got the email this morning and it states it's pre-information, the deal is not available yet.
    MSE emails are usually sent out Tuesday night/Wednesday morniung, so not sure what the email is you received this morning.

An EDF tariff was included in that email earlier this week, but by 10:20am Weds, MSE had issued an update on this site indicating the tariff was altered. i.e. the one mentioned had been ended and replaced byy a more expensive one. Still cheap, but that was said it was likely to end soon too.

But may I take this opportunity to welcome you back to MSE after 7 years absence.

Now you've made a hat-trick of posts here, hopefully you will make many more in the near future. This site really needs people like yourself who contribute to this site by posting on this forum to avoid it dieing.

Unfortunately I see you were only able to stay for 2 minutes on this occassion, but I look forward to your next post where hopefully you will be able to spare a little longer with us.

Hope it's within the next couple of weeks or I might miss you this year. But as Arnie said "I'll be back!"
    :rotfl:

If you visit MSE more often, and/subscribe to the MSE newsletter, you would have a chance of being one of the first to haer of any limited deals in the future, and hopefully grabbing one of them before they're gone :)
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you click through on the 'variable' Welcome Home' Eversmart tariff from CEC, it magically turns into a fixed tariff.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    I would advise shopping around and not assuming you are being offered a good deal just because its' on MSE. I'm a member and the promoted so called negociated best tariffs have always been rubbish frankly!

Try going to separate suppliers rather than taking out dual fuel with one provider, I've always been able to easily beat these so called 'good' deals, at the time I signed up Utility Point and Zog going separately were way cheaper than any dual fuel 'deals' from the so-called Cheap Energy club...
  • chrisaw
    chrisaw Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    I got the same email and went through almost the whole switching process, then noticed that one of the terms of the contract is that you allow them to install a smart meter when they are in your area. Don't know whether EDF meters go dumb if you change suppliers, but I've chosen not to go through with the switch until I find out.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    chrisaw wrote: »
    I got the same email and went through almost the whole switching process, then noticed that one of the terms of the contract is that you allow them to install a smart meter when they are in your area. Don't know whether EDF meters go dumb if you change suppliers, but I've chosen not to go through with the switch until I find out.
    is it "just allow" or "required". Some suppliers are now doing low tariffs based on compulsory smart meter, so is this the idea or are they trying to simply comply to get to smart meter targets.
  • chrisaw
    chrisaw Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Quote from the T&C's
    "Signing up for this tariff means you agree to...
    ...Having a smart meter installed by us, when we’re installing them in your area. Smart meters help you control your energy use, with meter accurate bills and provide automatic readings, so you don’t have to."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure