Claim form from Northampton County Court Business Centre received

edited 16 August 2018 at 3:45PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
32 replies 2.8K views

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    29.9K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstly as seen in the pictures there are two bays for parking so there would certainly be space for an emergency vehicle.

Secondly, my allocated parking bay was occupied by another car, hence my choice of parking in a non-allocated space.

no excuse really , park somewhere else entirely, even it its 3 miles away and get a bus or taxi

what if the police and an ambulance BOTH turned up ?

there was a recent death on my street and the whole cul de sac was blocked , mainly by one emergency response paramedic estate vehicle, one ambulance and one police car !!

the residents have to accept it seeing as there are no emergency bays on a residential cul de sac , but we also accepted it because emergency vehicles have a job to do, and must park near the residence to do it in a reasonable time

anyone who knows my posts knows I fight for the davids against the goliaths, but I have little respect for those who park in "disabled bays" without being "disabled" , or those who park in "emergency vehicles only" bays when its clear they are not an emergency vehicle (think about grenfell where that "almo" or whatever "al or mo" it was failed on various issues, a shame if a residents vehicle or vehicles were parked in emergency vehicle bays)

how and where the OP can legally and honestly park is not an issue for this forum , especially if they have an allocated bay (which if somebody is there that shouldnt be, should be taken up with the PPC and the MA if necessary)

the way I look at it is , what would a judge decide when presented with all the facts, sometimes that is the only way to answer the issues brought up in these types of posts above and I dont think that nit picking over bay designations helps to win a case like this
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • NeilCrNeilCr Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    The parking sign (pictures on link posted) has no reference to not parking in areas with signs "No Parking Emergency vehicles only".

This is an additional sign.

I understand from reading the the IPC Code of Conduct that all the terms & Conditions must be included within the sign itself and anything else not mentioned is not valid.

Their non-visible sign at night time mentions: "No parking outside of a designated area/parking bay

Therefore, have I not followed their T&Cs by parking within a designated area/parking bay?

So

How do you know it's for emergency vehicles and/or unloading?

And how would you react if a judge asked you

a) did you know that this space was for emergency vehicles?

and

b) as you know this why did you park there?

Well said Redx!
  • 1) I do not know whether the purpose of the bay is loading/unloading. I have just seen cars using it for such purpose.

2) I did not know that it was reserved for emergency vehicles as I never had to use that space before.

As I have not seen the first notice from CPM I do not know what their allegation is about so I am only speculating.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    29.9K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    send them an SAR under the GDPR and get alll their evidence , docs and pics etc

know what you are up against, because those questions in post #23 could well come up in court and Nick "Mr Loophole" Freeman is not representing you

"seeing" other people break the rules (or laws for example) is no legal defence ( it wouldnt be in a speeding case where you are one out of ten drivers speeding and only you were pulled over and charged )
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • You mean Subject Access Request? Excellent idea. i shall do so.

I appreciate your help and of course if the issue was about parking in an emergency bay I would expect such questions to arise.

However, i am confident that there would have been adequate space for such use in case of need. I shall take such pictures for the day. I am very cognisant of the ethics of the matter.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    29.5K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean Subject Access Request? Excellent idea. i shall do so.
    Read this:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5849784
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • NeilCrNeilCr Forumite
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭

2) I did not know that it was reserved for emergency vehicles as I never had to use that space before.

In #14 you said it was used by emergency vehicles. Now you are saying this

At what stage did you become aware (assuming you did which is becoming unclear) the bay was used by emergency vehicles?
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    87.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it clearly marked as an emergency vehicles bay?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • edited 26 August 2018 at 9:43PM
    NeilCrNeilCr Forumite
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 26 August 2018 at 9:43PM
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Is it clearly marked as an emergency vehicles bay?

I took it (maybe wrongly) from the first sentence of #21 that there are signs.

But, to be honest, this story is so convoluted I've lost the plot. See reference to wine in the ASDA thread!

:beer::beer::D:o

It does appear (or possibly not) that OP knew the bays were for emergency vehicles. How, when and where I am not sure, but, assuming they did, morally, parking there was wrong. And yes I do know legally may be different - still pretty indefensible as an action. IMHO!
  • So I received the following e-mail today.

Hello Mr Againstallfrauds,

I am emailing with regards to your letter dated 27/08/2018 requesting a subject access request.

After looking into this specific PCN it is clear that there has been an admin error on our side, our system has not automatically resent documents that should have been sent to you regarding a PCN for your vehicle.

I have been in contact with Gladstones and I am pleased to let you know that this case has been closed and the PCN has been cancelled.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Many thanks,

Kind Regards,

Personal Assistant to Directors
    UK Car Park Management Ltd