Collecting Credit Card Payments

Hi all

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for business users so forgive if not.

My company has decided to collect payments from customers via their credit cards.
We had a bad experience with a previous card payment supplier, charged exorbitant cost for inks, papers, machine and long term contract, and we are a little suspicious of all of them.
However, times move on, and I would be grateful if anyone has good/bad experience of card collection setups, and whether to get a machine, or do it online, and attendant charges please.

Thanks
Paul

Replies

• MallyGirlMallyGirl Forumite, Senior Ambassador
    5.8K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    I have moved this thread to Small Business as you might get better responses there
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected].
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Depends on how you take payment.

Mine are all face to face and after much thinking I decided not go with the devices that hook up to phones.

Before choosing I surveyed my customers which machines they would trust - most said the traditional ones so I have a Verifone VX680 portable device with Llloyds Cardnet.

Paper is cheap as chips, it works just about everywhere, money is in the bank on the 4th day.

For what it costs to run it saves cheques, bank visits and bank charges, very convenient in a busy business.
  • phill99phill99 Forumite
    9.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    I use a company called World pay Zinc.

There is no contract, there is no liability to buy inks etc from them. No minimum spend

It works via a simple chip and pin reader linked to an ipad or phone. You are able to take payments over the phone via their website.

they charge 2.75% per transaction and no other fees (no monthly charges etc). Money is i9n my account in three working days.

Very happy with them.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides