IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Urgent Help Required: Being threatened with bailiffs for a PCN when ticket states Not a PCN!!

Options

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Is this a the final letter as advised by responses above? Whilst it has other documents enclosed such as Informattion Sheet, Reply Form, Financial Statement & States 30 days …...
    Yes. This is a LBCCA
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 November 2018 at 10:24AM
    Options
    Whilst it has other documents enclosed such as Informattion Sheet, Reply Form, Financial Statement & States 30 days …...

You do not need to use the forms, especially those requesting further personal information

Amazing these clowns have gone this far based on a piece of paper that says
    “This is not a Parking Charge Notice!”
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for this info. The letter received is obviously that but what will be the next course of action from my side if anything?
    You should not do nothing!

The newbies faq thread #2 covers rebutting a LBCCA and the whole court process from the LBCCA to the hearing

Expect this to progress to a claim, so best to acquaint yourself with the process now in readiness
  • Mystic-lady
    Options
    Words fail me in their persistence - No harassment for something they started/created ie
    This is Not a Parking Charge Notice!”

The stress, anxiety caused to me let alone any elderly person - totally unacceptable!

Can’t keep saying “thank you” enough to each & everyone who’s helped, helping & continues to help me along this journey.

:T:A:T
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,005 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No template, please.

Reply reiterating your evidence, the Blue Badge, and this email from the Local Authority:
    Thank you for your kind suggestion & yes I have asked both ironically neither appear to know the answer. In fact, that was my first port of call! They were outraged at the audacity f these people but empathy etc, hast got me very far.

I also compiled a rathy lengthy letter (point by point) requesting the usual landowners, asked for a copy of their agreement with the landowner etc, etc. but as you probably have gathered- nothing. In addition, I was sent (from the highest point of Warwickshire CC what I thought was a very valuable piece of information attaching that both electronically and hard copy which was completely ignored by these !!!!

The blue badge scheme does not apply on private land.

Often private car parks have signs demanding drivers display a blue badge when using the disabled parking bays, or risk getting a parking ticket. However, just because someone does not hold (or does not display) a blue badge does not mean they are not disabled; the Equality Act does not require the driver to display any sort of badge or permit. Anyone who fits the lawful definition of disability is entitled to make use of the ‘reasonable adjustments’. What they are in
    effect doing is adding arbitrary rules to the lawful right of someone to use a ‘reasonable adjustment’, and this could be considered a breach of the Equality Act.

It should be noted that this does not mean that you should not display a blue badge if you have one. Clearly, if you were to hold one, it would assist all parties by displaying it. But what is wrong is that parking companies include terms and conditions requiring you to display one as a contractual term for using a disabled bay; they have a duty of reasonable adjustment to disabled persons.

Despite this we hear of people being issued parking tickets for not displaying blue badges; either because they have forgotten to display them, or because they do not have one. So what should do? The simple answer is to tell the parking attendant, or appeal stating that you have a legal right to use the space, and provide any evidence you may have. At that point, the parking company should not pursue the charge since it would then be disability discrimination under the Equality Act.

In short, don’t stand for such behaviour. If you are registered disabled and you are unfairly issued a parking ticket then fight back!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Words fail me in their persistence - No harassment for something they started/created ie
    This is Not a Parking Charge Notice!”

The stress, anxiety caused to me let alone any elderly person - totally unacceptable!

Can’t keep saying “thank you” enough to each & everyone who’s helped, helping & continues to help me along this journey.

:T:A:T

You are dealing with .... an imbecile

airhead, blockhead, chucklehead, dimwit, dodo, dolt, donkey, dope, dork [slang], dullard, dumbbell, dummy, dunce, fathead, goof, goon, half-wit, idiot, ignoramus, know-nothing, knucklehead, lamebrain, loon, lunkhead, moron, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, noddy, noodle, numskull (or numbskull), oaf, pinhead, saphead, simpleton, stock, turkey, yahoo, yo-yo

You are also dealing with a Gladstones/IPC scammer to whom some of the words above maybe too technical for them to understand ?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You are dealing with .... an imbecile
    Who is significantly richer than most who come here (The Deep excepted!).

Not sure an imbecile would be capable of such wealth - rather the opposite.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Who is significantly richer than most who come here (The Deep excepted!).

Not sure an imbecile would be capable of such wealth - rather the opposite.

There can be rich imbeciles, a few in government I can think of

In this case we don't actually know the imbecile who dreamed up

“This is Not a Parking Charge Notice!”
  • Snakes_Belly
    Snakes_Belly Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 11 November 2018 at 9:32PM
    Options
    I had a 'this is not a parking charge notice'. I think that this is a means to get the unsuspecting person (like myself) to think that they can possibly sort the matter out with the PPC. It's really a means to get your information because they will have already opened a file with your registration number and applied the charge. The natural reaction to start the appeal process so you input your details and they have cunningly obtained your information without going to the DVLA.

Scammers will eventually go too far and cross the line as they become greedier and greedier. Excel (VCS) are already pushing their luck (Ambler case).

Don't get stressed out about it. There had been much success with cases involving the fluttering tickets.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Scammers will eventually go too far and cross the line as they become greedier and greedier. Excel (VCS) are already pushing their luck (Ambler case).

Don't get stressed out about it. There had been much success with cases involving the fluttering tickets.

They have already gone too far but so have certain people in government who for a long time have brushed this under the carpet.

We have two ATA's one of whom, the BPA, has lost complete control of their scammers, the other, the IPC is just a scammers paradise

The SRA has lost control in regulating solicitors who have turned bad, they were probably bad in the first place

We just have to shout SCAM at every opportunity
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport