IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Urgent Help Required: Being threatened with bailiffs for a PCN when ticket states Not a PCN!!

Options

Comments

• Mystic-lady
    Options
    I used to work for a County Council therefore still have some contacts throughout. I gave them a call especially when these God forbidden a******es spouted “refer to the rules, conditions & guidelines of the Government Blue Badge Scheme!” so I went that one stage further. Quite a revelation!

I sent another lengthy letter and again attached everything again together with this latest piece of information.....yep - they responded with the same garb!!!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I used to work for a County Council therefore still have some contacts throughout. I gave them a call especially when these God forbidden a******es spouted “refer to the rules, conditions & guidelines of the Government Blue Badge Scheme!” so I went that one stage further. Quite a revelation!

I sent another lengthy letter and again attached everything again together with this latest piece of information.....yep - they responded with the same garb!!!

VCS are full of garbage at the best of times, it's the way
    money scammers work.

You do not owe £160, the £60 is the garbage idiot
    debt collectors add-on for their share of the action.

MUCH LIKE THIS BUNCH OF CRONIES
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74439905#post74439905

As said you wait until you get a LBA letter giving you
    30 days to respond. See what they say in the letter
    because normally they spout rubbish which can then
    be pulled apart .... that is where this forum really goes
    to work.

You cannot continue dealing with the brain dead can you
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 8 October 2018 at 9:28AM
    Options
    If I was in your position I would plead with them to take me to court, where no doubt they would come a huge cropper). I would then slap in a counter claim for disability discrimination.

Have you seen this?

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 .
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That Council letter will assist your case with your Witness Statement, if they sue.

If you want to go on the attack, send the scammers a response that also encloses a Letter Before Claim warning them you will file a Counter Claim for £500, for disability discrimination as compensation for 'pure distress' enclosing that Council letter yet again, and also referring to Blamires and Vidal Hall as your authorities, like here:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74715383#post74715383

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Mystic-lady
    Options
    I have pleaded with them to take me to court stating “I wish this to be put directly before the courts as I welcome the opportunity to put my case/evidence before the courts or them to make the lawful decision based on all things put before them!” but again, something they’ve (VCS or whatever guise they wish to go by!) chosen to ignore....

Thank you Coupon-mad for suggesting the counter claim, which again, I had given thought too but only in the concept of “harassment” - not the disability stance. Just like requesting help on here - didn’t know where to start, how to file or how to pursue? Sadly, have no option other than to admit..appears I need stringent hand-holding on every aspect of this! :’(

Thanks yet again everyone.
  • Mystic-lady
    Options
    Again.. my utmost apologies for being absolutely cluelesss in this matter but I've just returned from holiday to find yet another demanding letter on the mat!!

Its headed Letter Befoe Claim; states the matter has now been handed to the Legal Dept. There will be no other letters forthcoming and they will commence proceedings to cover the claim of £160 plus £25 court fees plus interest to be paid no later than 11/11/2018 a 30 day Notice!!!

I'm also struggling to understand how they can make a claim for £25 court fees prior to any court papers/hearing based on assumption they have already won? Is this normal or just another one of their "bully boy" tactics?

Is this a the final letter as advised by responses above? Whilst it has other documents enclosed such as Informattion Sheet, Reply Form, Financial Statement & States 30 days Notice its been sent by VCS, not a third party as expected ?????
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Again.. my utmost apologies for being absolutely cluelesss in this matter but I've just returned from holiday to find yet another demanding letter on the mat!!

Its headed Letter Befoe Claim; states the matter has now been handed to the Legal Dept. There will be no other letters forthcoming and they will commence proceedings to cover the claim of £160 plus £25 court fees plus interest to be paid no later than 11/11/2018 a 30 day Notice!!!

I'm also struggling to understand how they can make a claim for £25 court fees prior to any court papers/hearing based on assumption they have already won? Is this normal or just another one of their "bully boy" tactics?

Is this a the final letter as advised by responses above? Whilst it has other documents enclosed such as Informattion Sheet, Reply Form, Financial Statement & States 30 days Notice its been sent by VCS, not a third party as expected ?????

The LBA must show you everything and that includes costs should it go to court. £25 is the court fee they would pay.

The forms you can forget, they are just part of the new protocol and VCS are obliged to send them

This is your chance to rebut their claim. In particular the fake add-on of £60. As most of these cowboys do this, they are adding on the debt collectors fake fee.

If prior you were chased by DRP, then read this
    THE £60 SCAM OPERATED BY DRP ?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74439905#post74439905

You must respond to the LBA
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Mystic Lady, read the Hansard report and watch the video then complain like Donald to your MP

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week, hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. It has even been suggested that some of these companies have links with organised crime.

Watch the video of the Second Reading and committee stage in the House of Commons recently. MPs have a very low opinion of this industry.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-07-19/debates/2b90805c-bff8-4707-8bdc-b0bfae5a7ad5/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill(FirstSitting)

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by in the not too distant future, (whatever than means)...
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Mystic-lady
    Options
    Thank you for this info. The letter received is obviously that but what will be the next course of action from my side if anything?

Appears some people have received CCJ they know noth8ng about due to these unscrupulous highwaymen!!

I do not tend to pay these rogues anything as I took their notice placed on my car verbatim “This is not a Parking Charge Notice!” As such, there is no fee due!

I contacted ESAS yesterday due to the fact I paid a fee to park plus showed the blue badge. In their words “ out of courtesy” as it clearly states the blue badge rules do not apply in private car parks etc, etc., as forearded by the CC attached beforehand!

I can’t begin to imagine how vulnerable, not to mention intimidated, a driver of my mother’s age 84 must feel to have this on them!!!:mad::mad::mad:
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Thank you for this info. The letter received is obviously that but what will be the next course of action from my side if anything?

Appears some people have received CCJ they know noth8ng about due to these unscrupulous highwaymen!!

I do not tend to pay these rogues anything as I took their notice placed on my car verbatim “This is not a Parking Charge Notice!” As such, there is no fee due!

I contacted ESAS yesterday due to the fact I paid a fee to park plus showed the blue badge. In their words “ out of courtesy” as it clearly states the blue badge rules do not apply in private car parks etc, etc., as forearded by the CC attached beforehand!

I can’t begin to imagine how vulnerable, not to mention intimidated, a driver of my mother’s age 84 must feel to have this on them!!!:mad::mad::mad:

We are with you all the way.

Part 1: Liability for misleading and aggressive
    practices
    The 2008 Regulations make misleading actions unlawful
    (see regulation 5). An action by a trader is misleading if it
    contains false information or if it is likely to mislead
    the average consumer in its overall presentation.

They are acting unlawfully = false information
    “This is not a Parking Charge Notice!”

I would love to see a judge's face on this one
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills