Bank withdrawal

Options
124»

Comments

• ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    With[out] your permission, I will continue to make assumptions as I please.

Well, you know what they say about assumptions, don't you?

Feel free, I just think it shows a marked lack of thinking and is decidedly glib and ill-informed, not to mention exceedingly tiresome to read all the time.
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    Well, you know what they say about assumptions, don't you?

Feel free, I just think it shows a marked lack of thinking and is decidedly glib and ill-informed, not to mention exceedingly tiresome to read all the time.

I tend to come at it from the perspective that I have no evidence that posters posting nonsense on MSE are children, but I have plenty of evidence that posters posting on MSE are members of the wider British public and thus quite a few are likely to be a bit stupid.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JuicyJesus wrote: »
    I tend to come at it from the perspective that I have no evidence that posters posting nonsense on MSE are children, but I have plenty of evidence that posters posting on MSE are members of the wider British public and thus quite a few are likely to be a bit stupid.

Snap. .
  • Flobberchops
    Flobberchops Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    Yet another poster wanting us to tell them that they are right about everything, rather than wanting honest and informed answers to their questions. Is it just me, or is this becoming more common?

Try working in a bank, you'll come across these kind of people multiple times a day! Plain facts like "You're breaking the terms and conditions" or "It's not your account so you can't access it" are like water off a duck's back. Their feelings and accompanying sense of entitlement are all that matter!
    : )
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wear perfume, heels and a Burka, then try it!
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Try working in a bank, you'll come across these kind of people multiple times a day! Plain facts like "You're breaking the terms and conditions" or "It's not your account so you can't access it" are like water off a duck's back. Their feelings and accompanying sense of entitlement are all that matter!

Or the best one, "I need £50 - £100 - £1000," yes you may need but your account balance is 76p so you cant have it, "But I need it"

Or the other one
    why have I been charged x amount?, That was because you used the overdraft, but I needed the money. No problem but as you have spent the banks money you have to pay a fee, but I needed to pay for my sky bill (*enter anything luxury here) and I cant afford the overdraft fees.

onwards and upwards as they say, next customer please.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing