IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter of claim from bwlegal

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BWLegal are simply a robo claims firm and as seen many
    times on here, they do not have a clue what they are doing

You are doing the right thing and BWLegal must answer
    every question to comply with the law.
    Past posts here suggest that they will fob you off but that
    is where their problem starts

Stick to your guns because only a court can decide
    and judges will not tolerate incompetence, especially
    BWLegal as you can see here ......

BWLegal - the list of failures growing
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5672664&highlight=bwlegal+the+list
  • Palec
    Palec Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just wondered in what instances is reasonable to put in the letter that defendant is prepared to claim counterclaim.

I my case I have done nothing wrong, as it is not recommended to drive if driver feels unwell, so I extended parking ticket and paid an extra £1, so that the difference between 1st and 2nd ticket is 8 minutes.

There been no cameras and it takes time from paying at the machine when contract starts to walk to the car, so grace period is usually 5-10 minutes I believe.

As this takes some time and causes distress because I offered £10 when they wanted £60 in 2014, they returned cheque and wanted £100.

I feel counterclaim could be for time spent on this, was reading something about £18/hr etc...
    At present I am not wiling to pay anything to be honest, just preparing if the matter goes to court and which way to apply counter claim and for how much.

Thank you for your comments.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't counterclaim. Unless you are prepared to invest an awful lot of time, energy and possibly some money it isn't going to happen.
  • Palec
    Options
    Thank you, so is there any template how it should look like please as for subject access request? It is quite stressful for me, so I want to keep it simple.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Palec wrote: »
    At present I am not wiling to pay anything to be honest, just preparing if the matter goes to court and which way to apply counter claim and for how much.

Thank you for your comments.

Best way is your costs schedule if they take you to court,

BWLegal are getting their fair share of whoopings
    nowadays and with their half baked claims, BWLegal
    are costing their clients, the PPC
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you, so is there any template how it should look like please as for subject access request? It is quite stressful for me, so I want to keep it simple.
    Just type SAR or Subject Access Request into Google and you will be amazed at the number of forms, advice and opportunities to spend money. Just be careful you pick a FREE one and don't pay or give credit card details
  • Le_Kirk
    Options
    Yes, I do struggle a bit with some English expressions to be honest, so not so easy to put everything together, but could use maybe this bit, too...
    Why do none of your signs or documents comply with the ICO Code of Practice for ANPR and Surveillance Cameras, thus breaching the KADOE rules and the BPA Code of Practice?
    It is clear from you latest effort that English is not your first language as the first paragraph is difficult to read and is written by yourself - and you have repeated part of that in your second paragraph. The rest of it reads OK as it is lifted from letters posted on the forum.

Do you have anyone who could sit with you and help you compose the first paragraph (and anything else that YOU want to write) into comprehensible English?

You have now been given the meanings of the acronyms, although they are all explained in the NEWBIE stickies.
  • Palec
    Options
    Unfortunately, I do not have anyone to sit with me as for English and paragraph, but can re-read and use dictionary and made it better I suppose, thank you for your comment...
  • Le_Kirk
    edited 6 August 2018 at 9:49AM
    Options
    When your client's debt collectors first started contacting me, I asked them for details of the basis upon which money was being claimed, including all photographs taken of the vehicle at the relevant time. Extraordinarily, I was told by DRP that no such evidence would be provided. [STRIKE]plus as[/STRIKE] I tried to come to [STRIKE]conclusion[/STRIKE] an agreement with your client without any luck [STRIKE]your client[/STRIKE] and this [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] has [STRIKE]causing[/STRIKE] caused significant distress to me and my family for over 12 months.
    In terms of timing data, Premier Parking Solutions Limited changed the ticket machine in that car park as it was not possible to pay by coins [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] on the first occasion, which is [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE]a sign of a faulty or [STRIKE]nor[/STRIKE] non-working [STRIKE]properly[/STRIKE] machine. [STRIKE]which also takes time on top of there are no cameras and no grace period mentioned.[/STRIKE] It takes time to [STRIKE]come [/STRIKE]walk from the car to the ticket machine and back. Having to deal with a faulty ticket machine uses up the Grace Period. [STRIKE] too on arrival and on return, which was the case because mass was prolonged that day because of many people in church and [/STRIKE] I was not feeling well enough to drive, so I paid another £1 (for another ticket) and [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE]have proof it was done 8 minutes after first [STRIKE]ticked [/STRIKE] ticket expired. [STRIKE]not used full hour and there been space free, too.[/STRIKE]

You have now sent a Letter of Claim. However, your letter contains insufficient detail of the claim and, again, fails to provide the photographic evidence which I requested as long ago as 2014/ 2015. [STRIKE]It does not even say what [/STRIKE][STRIKE]the [/STRIKE] No cause of action is stated. Nor does it contain any mention of what evidence your client intends to rely on, or enclose copies of such evidence.
    [STRIKE]In terms of timing data, Premier Parking Solutions Limited changed machine in that car park as it was not possible to pay by coins at first occasion, which is the sign of faulty or nor working properly machine, which also takes time on top of there are no cameras and no grace period mentioned. It takes time to come from car to machine and back, too on arrival and on return, which was the case because mass was prolonged that day because of many people in church and I was not feeling well to drive, so I paid another £1 and the have proof it was done 8 minutes after first ticked expired, not used full hour and there been space free, too.[/STRIKE]
    Is that what you are trying to say? Have a read and adjust it accordingly. Hope it helps. Not sure what you are trying to say with "In terms of timing data" so I have left it in. I have removed the duplication.
  • Palec
    Options
    Thank you. As for cameras in parking spaces, is it requirement that landowners have to install them?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback