MSE News: Octopus Energy to take on Iresa's 90,000 customers - here's what you need to know

Options

Comments

• wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    963066 wrote: »
    Hi Again,

:j INCORRECT, :j

my settlement with them was for everything i owed iresa up to the agreed switch date and readings.
    i paid in full and final settlement £65 of the £170 i worked out owed.

its nothing to do with estimated readings, its what they have accepted in lieu of full settlement for balance owed.

Bye Again :A

You won't know until you get the final bill from Octopus.

Bye Again ... this time permanently ;)
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Getting worried about Octopus now; not only has my meter reading history vanished, but they are asking for a meter reading to close my IRESA account -I agreed the closure bill and the carried forward credit nearly 3 weeks ago!!
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Shower of cretins have rejected my switch to Eversmart. Not a happy bunny stuck with them at their extortionate rates for another 21 days. Can't contact them to give them a piece of my mind as they don't work weekends.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 8 September 2018 at 4:31PM
    Options
    Are the wheels falling off already? My transfer should happen on Monday and Eversmart haven't given me any log-in info.

I wonder if its Octopus tha'ts causing the problem.

I'm gonna have to sit on the phone to see whats going on
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    I'm due to switch on Tuesday.........Octopus seem to be blocking moves if your in debt
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My Octopus account is showing a meter reading for 9th September when I've not submitted one and today is the 8th!
  • matelodave
    edited 8 September 2018 at 5:20PM
    Options
    Has anyone managed to give Eversmart a meter reading for them to pass over to Octopus or is this debt a carryover from IRESA that hasn't been paid yet.

Theoretically I'm in credit with Octopus until they get my final reading

My Octopus account shows a meter reading dated 7th although it was actually sent them on 1st. They did change it to 1st but for some reason it's reverted to 7th again.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    matelodave wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to give Eversmart a meter reading for them to pass over to Octopus or is this debt a carryover from IRESA that hasn't been paid yet.

Theoretically I'm in credit with Octopus until they get my final reading

I too am in credit to the tune of over £100 now, which easily covers my debt to Octopus, so there should be no reason for them to object to the switch.

I did cancel the DD with Iresa and have not set one up with Octopus. Could that cause a problem?

I still can't logon to the Eversmart site yet.
  • matelodave
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    Shower of cretins have rejected my switch to Eversmart. Not a happy bunny stuck with them at their extortionate rates for another 21 days. Can't contact them to give them a piece of my mind as they don't work weekends.

Hopefully Eversmart haven't initiated the DD on your account
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Remember, a debt is not a debt until at least 28 days has passed since it was fornally been demanded (e.g. you were sent a bill, not a statemt, asking for it to be paid)

Whilst Ofgem allow suppliers to to prevent those in debt from switching, suppliers may not use that reason simply because an account is in debit.

If you believe you are being incorrectly blocked from switching, complain to the blocking supplier.

Here is Octopus Energy's complaint procedure:
    https://octopus.energy/unhappy/

Also ask Octupus energy to pay for any loss you estimate you will suffer from their temporay block. This may simply be covered by say a £10 goodwill gesture should the supplier have blocked you without good cause.

Of course, where a block has resulted in you missing out on a specific tariff (e.g. because it was withdrawn to new applicants between you first applying to switch and you being allowed to apply to switch) the cost may be much more difficult to calculate and more substantial than say £10.
    Try your best to calculate such losses where applicable and demand the errant, blocking supplier pay these additional costs too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure