Western Union - Credit card to bank account?

Options
Hello everyone,

Apologies if this has been answered before but I couldn't find anything on it.

I need to transfer some money today to a bank account but there was an error with my salaries department paying my wages and I am unable to do that until they rectify the issue.

I do however have credit available on my Barclaycard Platinum credit card and was wondering if I could use Western Union to transfer the money? I know Western Union will charge me to do this but I am wondering how Barclaycard will treat this i.e. as a money advance and will I incur large interest as a result?

If anyone has a better alternative I would be ever so grateful to hear it.

Many thanks in advance for any advice or help you can offer :beer:

Comments

• Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    but I am wondering how Barclaycard will treat this i.e. as a money advance and will I incur large interest as a result?
    I don't know, but Western Union appear to assume it likely that funding a money transfer by credit card will be treated by the card issuer as a cash advance:
    "If you're using a credit card, a card-issuer cash advance fee and associated interest charges may apply. You can avoid these fees by using a debit card, If applicable."
    https://www.westernunion.com/gb/en/send-money/app/start
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You would be better off taking money from an ATM rather than pay WU their fee AND Barclaycard their fee. Or ask your bank for a short term overdraft.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure