🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

BT Land Line

Options
I read some where ages ago on the forum that if you are with BT then you are paying to much.
I am paying to much!!!
However, I have not been well enough to sort this out.
I know I need to change to a cheaper provider but now I cannot find out what to do, via the forum.
Here is my phone use:
I do not answer the phone therefore I do not take incoming calls. There is one person, I do take calls from but always I know she is going to ring. The calls are infrequent but important to me. She would ring me less if it was only a mobile number.

I like having a system where I can find out who has called later in the day (I am usually not well enough to answer calls).

I only make about two outgoing evening calls to a friend per month (usually 60 minutes in length).

Occasionally I make calls to services, such as electric, gas, etc. (But not as often as I need to)

I have a mobile and currently pay £5.00 a month unlimted sim to O2

I stream a lot of data and are with Andrew and Arnold for that. I do not wish to change from them
Any thoughts would be appreciated as I am not physically able to process much written text at present. Thank you.

Comments

• Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,365 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You should speak to Andrews and Arnold before changing landline provider. Changing landline provider may be 'cease-and-reprovide' incurring broadband reconnection charges from them.

Andrews and Arnold can provide your landline for broadband at an extra £10 a month, but they do not allow phone calls on that landline - in or out.

Andrews and Arnold packages start at £25 a month (200 GB per month), plus you are also paying line rental to BT.

If you did change from A&A, example offers for broadband and line rental available are:

Sky Ends Thu. '£8.33/mth' over 1yr contract
    Plusnet Ends next Tue. '£10.24/mth' over 1yr contract.

Both these deals require you to claim cashback.

Use the MSE Broadband Tool to see what's available in your area.

With most providers, making just 2 hours of calls a month would probably be cheaper if you pay for inclusive evening/weekend calls.

Post Office Homephone (phone line only, not broadband) including weekend calls is £11.50 a month.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport