washing machine for over 70s

Options
13»

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I dislike washing machines, they scare me. I go to the launderette and choose from: cold, warm, hot :)

Double the load of a home washing machine done in 25 minutes flat.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I dislike washing machines, they scare me. I go to the launderette and choose from: cold, warm, hot :)

Double the load of a home washing machine done in 25 minutes flat.
    I think you're quite fortunate to have a convenient launderette! I live in a city, and there are not that many, the thought of having to lug my dirty washing backwards and forwards on the bus doesn't really appeal!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • bigask
    bigask Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    Can anyone recommend a washing machine that has basic controls and easy to understand (not all singing and dancing) for my mum who is in her 70s and quite a technophobe. She uses two settings of 40 deg and 60 deg and on the odd occasion might need a quick wash setting. Thank you all in advance. x
    AEG is the best for me
    My grandmother use it from several years without any problems.:o
  • Sayschezza
    Sayschezza Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congratulations big ask you actually answered the original question which I don't think was meant to be ageist.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    pollypenny wrote: »
    I am 71, most of my friends are around the same. We are full of life, busy, some looking after grandchildren as well as volunteering for various charities and enjoying leisure activities.

One friend retires from teaching today - 72! My role model is my friend and neighbour who is 89!

We do not go into a dotage at an arbitrary age. 70 is middle aged these days.

Well said:D. My OH is 70 in a few weeks. He can still turn his hand to diy. He totally refurbed our first house including all the electrics. Second house he put in a new bathroom and kitchen, everything but the gas boiler. He doesn't do much diy now but is still handy at fixing the cars.

My next plan is for him to learn how to paint toe nails, mine not his.
    As others have said, 70 is not old;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport