New Post Advanced Search

LPG tank removal

3 replies 1.4K views
Jac_DJac_D Forumite
4 posts
HI,
WE have a calor underground tank, we are shortly going onto mains gas, having enquired with calor they want to charge us £1100 to remove their tank and that doesn't include the excavation, this sounds very expensive. We presently pay £24 a quarter rental, Has anybody else that a similar experience.

Replies

• G_MG_M Forumite
    52K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Must admit I'm not familiar with the LPG contracts, but it sounds like a rip off.

I'd be tempted to write and cancel the contract, stop paying the £24 pq, and tell them they are welcome to take back their gas tank if they want it.

But I guess you need to read the small print in your contract with them........
    ** If I include a blue link in my post, click and read it before posting a follow-up question. The answer may be in the link! **
  • Hi, would be interested to know how you've got on with this :)
  • lucyewilllucyewill Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Does anyone know how they got on with this? We are looking to switch to renewable heating but have an LPG tank underground and we don't want to pay a maintenance fee on a tank we don't use or an expensive uplift fee that negates the reason we are switching to renewable.  Any advice would be appreciated or even indication of cost of removing an underground tank.