Superfast fibre to the box, then copper to the house?

Options
13»

Comments

• steve_blake1490667
    steve_blake1490667 Posts: 26 Forumite
    edited 3 August 2018 at 9:34PM
    Options
    unforeseen wrote: »
    I realise BT do it (as part of BDUK ). However EVERY ISP reports that I can only get up to 35Mb on my line.

Since I was told by the consortium that I would only be enabled for 30MB then it is obvious that the DLM system in the cabinet that they have installed outside the exchange has been set to only allow that as a maximum speed.

It is not only me. Other households who had to wait for the EO solution in our village were told the same and have the same speed limitation. This must have been a conscious decision by BDUK for some reason.

Closeness of the cab to the exchange maybe? I know the kit can not be IN the exchange due to interference. My cab is literally the other side of the building wall to the exchange equipment due to space constraints.

Sorry, but your "consortium" has been telling you porkies. Only the distance from your home to your new FTTC cabinet is relevant w.r.t. the speeds you get. Not how far the cab is from the exchange. The speeds you get are determined after your service goes live, not beforehand. If 35 Mbps is all you can get, then that suggests you are at least 500m away from the new cabinet, probably a lot more.

However you can confirm what you should be getting by comparing your router stats versus the results on dslchecker.bt.com for your line
    - use the telephone option, otherwise use the address option but enter both postcode and house no. Will be interesting to see the results...
    (post the results of the first two line like this:
    s22.postimg.cc/oe0jafvbl/bt_dsl_checker.jpg)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure