IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

It’s got to the court stage

Options

Comments

• beauty_in_colour
    Options
    I should have said as mentioned ro KeithP ws on both sides have already been submitted at the end of May
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 July 2018 at 6:21AM
    Options
    Just list your costs - make them detailed and put in an amount for the extra hours you've had to spend on this because of the Claimants withholding of information that they should have provided under the Civil Procedure Rules. Send it to them as a "draft" as there will be other costs to be added by the time it gets to a hearing. Get proof of posting.

NPM will need to drop the case early if they don't want a costs order made against them so it is your decision whether to make this "a drop hands" offer i.e. both parties walk away or whether you are happy to take this all the way to help your fellow residents that may be suffering from this idiot.
  • beauty_in_colour
    Options
    Thank you I will list the costs and will take some time to consider the second paragraph above.
    Kind regards
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you I will list the costs and will take some time to consider the second paragraph above.
    Kind regards

There is a draft cost schedule layout (including the types of costs you could claim) in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2. It has been drafted by Loadsofchildren123- a practising solicitor.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beauty_in_colour
    Options
    There is a draft cost schedule layout (including the types of costs you could claim) in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2. It has been drafted by Loadsofchildren123- a practising solicitor.

Thank you - I'll get that sorted.
  • beauty_in_colour
    Options
    We are in court tomorrow morning for the hearing. I just wanted to say thank you to all who have provided us with help and advice on this matter. I will post the outcome here tomorrow.
    Many thanks once again.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The very best of luck.

Yes, please do let us have feedback on the outcome (whichever way), it really does help us keep up with the way courts are thinking - and if you win, gives us all a boost and further motivation to continue the campaign.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    When you get there, check the listings with the usher as there may be more of you. You can help each other out. Just ask the usher to point out the other party/parties.

Good luck and don't let the other side rattle you. Stick to the facts and if you think the other side are lying - don't say lying but tell the judge that they are mistaken and should produce evidence rather than relying on hearsay.
  • beauty_in_colour
    Options
    Thank you so much for your help and yes I will seek the others out.
    Kind regards
    B_I_C
  • beauty_in_colour
    Options
    Fabulous fabulous fabulous news. We won and the case was dismissed! I will send more details later but I just wanted to thank you all again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure