IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

It’s got to the court stage

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 July 2018 at 8:43AM
    Options
    Somehow I dont get the impression that the claimant has used legal representatives. She appears to have written the witness statement herself. You might notice at the end of the claimants witness statement she says she passed the defendants details onto ZZPS her legal representatives. ZZPS are not a legal firm but a debt collection agency who buy debts off people.

You are correct. Mixed this up with another thread. Though ZZPS have an even more colourful background than Gladstones.
  • beauty_in_colour
    Options
    Thank you. Would you have a view on the second paragraph? Now posted below. Kind regards
    Out of interest, can anyone tell me if I am within my rights to demand that the estate management company provide me with a copy of their contract with NPM? Seeing as they imposed this company on us in the first place. I wrote to them a few weeks ago but they wrote back and said it was confidential between them and their clients (ie the landowners). I thought I might try and get a copy of the agreement just to make sure it is the same as the one that NPM have (ie dates, signatures etc), when they eventually let me have a copy.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 July 2018 at 9:11AM
    Options
    Whether you are within your rights depends on the way that contract was formed and its purpose.

So if it does impinge on your (or your son's) rights but they don't release it or give a false reason for not releasing it, how would you know - until you see the document they are not releasing.

The better approach is the one outlined in LoC's letter which refers not to your son's rights as a tenant/leaseholder (? which are unknown) but his rights as a defendant
  • beauty_in_colour
    Options
    The better approach is the one outlined in LoC's letter which refers not to your son's rights as a tenant/leaseholder (? which are unknown) but his rights as a defendant

Thank you very much. Yes this was sent yesterday so we will wait on NPMs response..
  • beauty_in_colour
    Options
    Well I sent the letter above to the PPC and received a reply, the gist of which is that
    1. The contract is the signs that are posted
    2. They will not be sending a copy of the agreement between the PPC and the landowners as the details as this has no bearing on our defence and that this agreement has already been presented to the judge

They make reference to a ‘similar’ case to mine which they have seen on the MSE forum. They warn against using these forums claiming they givie false information and then reference the case in Scotland where a woman was ordered by the court to pay thousands of pounds in penalties. I find this disturbing and something of a veiled threat as our cases are not in the least bit similar.

They have stated they will not be responding to any further conmunication unless it’s to come to some arrangement regarding a payment plan.
    I guess it’s - see you in court then.
    The hearing is in early August.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 21 July 2018 at 9:44PM
    Options
    They make reference to a 'similar' case to mine which they have seen on the MSE forum. They warn against using these forums claiming they givie false information and then reference the case in Scotland where a woman was ordered by the court to pay thousands of pounds in penalties. I find this disturbing and something of a veiled threat as our cases are not in the least bit similar.
    Just shows their level. Bottom feeders, and they withheld evidence from you.

Don't be disturbed by harassing idiots (I wasn't when someone tried something stupid at me).
    Have you now filed your own WS and evidence?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beauty_in_colour
    Options
    Well I sent the letter above to the PPC and received a reply, the gist of which is that
    1. The contract is the signs that are posted
    2. They will not be sending a copy of the agreement between the PPC and the landowners as the details as this has no bearing on our defence and that this agreement has already been presented to the judge

They make reference to a ‘similar’ case to mine which they have seen on the MSE forum. They warn against using these forums claiming they givie false information and then reference the case in Scotland where a woman was ordered by the court to pay thousands of pounds in penalties. I find this disturbing and something of a veiled threat as our cases are not in the least bit similar.

They have stated they will not be responding to any further conmunication unless it’s to come to some arrangement regarding a payment plan.
    I guess it’s - see you in court then.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,719 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why have you posted that again?

The question was 'have you filed and served your witness statement and evidence'?

When is you witness statement and evidence due?
  • beauty_in_colour
    Options
    Hi yes the ws and evidence was posted a while back and earlier on when I started the thread. Please let me know if you need me to copy it here again. I also posted the claimants ws and evidence
    Thanks
  • beauty_in_colour
    Options
    Hi Keith, my mistake, I must have hit the back button and posted my reply 2x by mistake. The ws was submitted at the end of May and a copy was posted I earlier in this thread.
    I ve also already posted a copy of the claimants ws
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family