• edited 6 July 2018 at 9:54PM
    G_MG_M Forumite
    52K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 July 2018 at 9:54PM
    Slinky wrote: »
    Nowhere near as interesting GM
    To date, I agree, but the potential for a twist is there.

I did say "Depending how this thread develops....."

Ah well. You're right. More like a damp squib. (or should that be dead-damp-squid?)
    ** If I include a blue link in my post, click and read it before posting a follow-up question. The answer may be in the link! **
  • SmodletSmodlet Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    We wonders, yes, we wonders just how the OP thought the site worked... It's called MSE, not PsychicsRUs.com... If anyone wants to use that, I think it's still available.

Squibbier and squibbier.
    What is this life if, sweet wordsmith, we have no time to take the pith?
    I took it upon myself to investigate a trifle; it had custard, jelly, soggy sponge things...
    G_M's stickies have come unstuck!
  • Pixie5740Pixie5740 Forumite
    14.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just in case anyone is interested although even with the OP it's still clear as mud.
    Here is an interesting turn of fate....

Our neighbour has equity release - and we cannot sell our house because he does...!!!!!!!!!
  • kingstreetkingstreet Forumite
    36.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've helped Parliament
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    G_M wrote: »
    You're right. More like a damp squib. (or should that be dead-damp-squid?)
    My favourite malopropisms thread has that. As well as classics like dangerous president and escape goat. :D
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • G_MG_M Forumite
    52K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    kingstreet wrote: »
    My favourite malopropisms thread has that. As well as classics like dangerous president and escape goat. :D
    "dangerous president" is not a malopropism - he's called Trump (though I can think of a few other mal......s that would apply).
    ** If I include a blue link in my post, click and read it before posting a follow-up question. The answer may be in the link! **
  • lincroft1710lincroft1710 Forumite
    13.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Example of a malapropism "I've just brought a house" when someone has bought a house.

Example of another dangerous president, John F Kennedy. The Bay of Pigs invasion he ordered in 1961 and the subsequent Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962 almost led to WW3.
  • VetVet Forumite
    158 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    agreed.:rotfl::rotfl:
  • RedFraggleRedFraggle Forumite
    892 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Depending how this thread develops, it might even match the dead-dog-in-the-garden thread!

Here's hoping!

*passes bag for life*
    :D
    Officially in a clique of idiots
    36.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "dangerous president" is not a malopropism - he's called Trump (though I can think of a few other mal......s that would apply).
    Hmm. That's only been claimable since Nov 2016 though... :D;)
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    36.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Example of another dangerous president, John F Kennedy. The Bay of Pigs invasion he ordered in 1961 and the subsequent Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962 almost led to WW3.
    Hmm. That's only because Nikita Khrushchev, General Secretary CPSU doesn't count. ;)