IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PLEASE HELP - POPLA appeal rejected - Minster Baywatch

Options

Comments

• Azure6
    Azure6 Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you - that's cleared that up for me.
    Forgive me if i sound foolish ( I am a total novice to all this):

1) As the Beavis case is being referenced to so much should POPLA (maybe they do) not have records of which PPC matches the Beavis case details - e.g signage similar criteria and income situation similar?
    Only because I know a kind person has posted about the income being different for Minster Baywatch and Beavis - and i thought would it not be fair/right for POPLA to have this information to assess against? (I have no idea if they do)

2) Second - if I've lost at POPLA what gives me any chance at winning in small claims court?

3) Thirdly - these debt collector letters I should be expecting - will the £100 fine be honoured or will they add other charges to that - which i would have to pay if SCC lost?

Thank you kindly in advance
    Im ever so grateful for all your help - Im out my depth here:(
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Debt collector letters should just be ignored. Irrespective of how much they ask for!

See all the successful wins reported here from Court hearings

(A Court hearing doesn't necessarily follow a popla appeal!)
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,515 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    1. No idea. It doesn't change anything in your case. Nothing totally predictable with POPLA.

2. Well, they might not issue court proceedings. If they do, a strong defence will assist. Litigation is always risky - for both sides.

3. It's not a 'fine'! Debt collectors always add their (no collection, no fee) £60 to the £100 original charge. But no one in their right mind would pay a debt crawler. If it went to court and you lost, the cost (everything included) would amount to little more than ~£175.

Don't feel out of your depth, you will quickly get the hang of this, especially if you don't restrict yourself to just your own thread. Read around some of the others each day on the forum. All adds to your knowledge and understanding - and confidence.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Azure6
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    should POPLA (maybe they do) not have records of which PPC matches the Beavis case details - e.g signage similar criteria and income situation similar?
    Don't be daft. No cases are like the Beavis case and the income made no difference.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Azure6
    First Anniversary
    Options
    If no case is like the Beavis case then how are POPLA able to reference the Beavis case in appeal rejections?
    Thank you
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 July 2018 at 1:39PM
    Options
    Azure6 wrote: »
    If no case is like the Beavis case then how are POPLA able to reference the Beavis case in appeal rejections?
    Thank you

In a nutshell, nowadays POPLA don't have a clue
    what they are doing.

POPLA clearly don't understand the difference between
    the Beavis case and all the others.
    POPLA also cannot understand the problems with ANPR

All in all, a useless bunch, they are just a bi product of
    the BPA in disgrace

If motorists are to deal with morons, at least make
    sure the morons are intelligent
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Azure6 wrote: »
    Thank you
    Because theyve been told to do so. Theyre no longer legally trained, and seem barely trained.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, because they were spoon fed some words by the BPA.

If an appellant dares to mention 'no loss' even in the completely different context of a pay & display car park, POPLA come crashing in with a 'Beavis case kills your argument' trashy template.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Azure6
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Just to update I have received a county court letter from Minster Baywatch dated 07 Nov 18.
    I have been onto MCOL and submitted an Acknowledgement of Service to earn myself 14 more days.
    I will look for Mecca Bingo, Oldham similar defence posts and adapt and then post here for your kind thoughts.
    Is there anything else I should be doing at this stage?
    P.S - Will i physically have to go to court and verbally defend myself?
    Kind thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport