Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd July 2018

edited 5 July 2018 at 11:22PM in Old Style MoneySaving
110 replies 9.6K views

Replies

• edited 4 July 2018 at 5:58PM
    Maisie_MMaisie_M Forumite
    1.5K posts
    edited 4 July 2018 at 5:58PM
    well after getting my parents grass cut and watering their plants then doing the shopping I was shattered and it was too hot to do much more so I have a mega list today :o

I have stripped ours and youngest Ds's beds ready for washing but just waiting on eldest DS to wake and get up so I can strip his and get the washing out.

Have done the ironing from yesterday's and Monday's washing and done a quick hit of a hot spot. So I am off for my shower then start on the bathroom.

[FONT=&quot]Mysterious Monday ~ Bathroom, Hall, Stairs and Study/PC Area[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Level One...[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [STRIKE]DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS
    Open windows to let in air
    Wash and replace towels/flannels/bath mats with clean ones[/STRIKE] did this Monday
    Clean cobwebs[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]

Level Two..
    [STRIKE]Clean bath/shower/sink and toilet - Don't forget to give those taps an extra shine![/STRIKE]
    Throw away any empty bottles
    Delete 50 emails - do you really need that sale email from Dotty P's?

Level Three...
    [STRIKE]Wash/vacuum floor
    Clean the windowsills[/STRIKE]
    Put away any stray items in the hall and stairs - do you really need all that stuff cluttering up the stairs and hall/landing!!!

Extras..[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Wipe skirting boards up the stairs[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Clean fingerprints off light switches and doors.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Extras of my own[/FONT]

[FONT="][STRIKE]hang out duvets to air[/STRIKE][/FONT]
    [FONT="][STRIKE]wash whites and hang out[/STRIKE][/FONT]
    [FONT="][STRIKE]sort bank account[/STRIKE][/FONT]
    [FONT="][STRIKE]cut mum and dads grass and water plants[/STRIKE][/FONT]
    [STRIKE]go shopping[/STRIKE]
    [FONT="][STRIKE]open current account for DS1[/STRIKE][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT="] d[/FONT]one online just need to go into branch with ID[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Twinkling Tuesday ~ Master bedroom and Landing[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Level One..[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [STRIKE]Fling open windows to let air in especially as it's been hot and the room will be stuffy.[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS[/STRIKE]
    Clean Cobwebs
    [STRIKE]Remove and wash bed linen and duvet covers[/STRIKE]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Level Two..[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [STRIKE]Vacuum & turn mattress before replacing with fresh linen..
    Polish furniture
    [/STRIKE]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Level Three...[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Throw away any empty/out of date bottles
    [STRIKE]Clean glass and mirrors - make them twinkle [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]15 minutes floordrobe clearance[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clear a hotspot ~ or spend 15 minutes clearing one.[/STRIKE]
    Add a personal touch - flowers in a vase on a dresser, pretty bowl etc.. went to pop in a new oil to my reed difuser as it was dry and realised I had no spares so will need to get one tomorrow

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Extras:[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot][STRIKE]36 fling boogie, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter[/STRIKE][/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot][STRIKE]HHI[/STRIKE][/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot][STRIKE]Clean windows in these rooms[/STRIKE][/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Clean light switch of hand prints or smudges[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot][STRIKE]Clear the top of a bedside cupboard/chest of drawers or shelf[/STRIKE][/FONT]

• pigpenpigpen Forumite
    37.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... I've got £350 put by for housey things.. £140 for M&M's room decorating.. I'm now looking at removing the radiator.. putting that one in the hallway and getting a new vertical radiator for their room (£120) to clear some wall space for cupboards/desk.

Off to dangle out some washing and then walking to the gym to meet OH .. then a spending spree in B&M ... lidded storage boxes, underbed storage and hopefully a few small cardboard boxes for emptying a bookcase!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    06/06/2020 £47457.61 (2.41% int.)
  • Honey_BearHoney_Bear Forumite
    6.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, thank you Jazee, flopping did occur here but only after I'd cleared a backlog of some straightforward paperwork that had been mounting up for a couple of week. *virtuous*

I have an interview and 20 minute presentation to prep for Thursday :T:T:T:eek::eek:

Vibes needed ladies xx

A bucket of *posivibes* heading your way - that's the kind of bucket on the front of a digger, not the piddly things for the beach, by the way.

kazwookie wrote: »
    Yesterday afternoon was spent reading a book, in the garden under the shade, first time I have done that for a long time.

It's so easy to forget that we need to stop and metaphorically smell the roses occasionally. OH and I ate dinner the other night on the sundeck, first time EVER, because it was less hassle than getting the kittens in while they were still boinging around. It begs the question - why don't we do these things more often because it's a lot less hassle than eating anywhere else in our case.

I've cleared some outstanding very froggy paperwork on the pet insurance claim front at long last which has taken several days to deal with from start to finish. Big sigh of relief.

I've also sorted out the photographs of the things I want to Ebay and Gumtree from the chalet and the attic, so now I need to do some measuring and writing so that I can list things carefully.

After that it's back to the 'one section at a time' tax return and then the newly froggy minutes from last week's meeting. I might actually stand a chance of doing quite a bit on those two jobs today which would be rather wonderful.
    Keeping it AF
  • FayolleFayolle Forumite
    1.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of posivibes for you, ATB.

Just dashing through as I need to get to the shops. Actually I am not dashing, more like melting. I have to get petrol, then when I get back I have to wash my hair. My two most hated jobs in one day. I can't wait.
  • Skint59Skint59 Forumite
    5 posts
    [QUOTE=Honey Bear;74486646

It's so easy to forget that we need to stop and metaphorically smell the roses occasionally. OH and I ate dinner the other night on the sundeck, first time EVER, because it was less hassle than getting the kittens in while they were still boinging around. It begs the question - why don't we do these things more often because it's a lot less hassle than eating anywhere else in our case.

.[/QUOTE]
    So very true Honey Bear. I have gone back to reading Alison May's Puttery treats. Mainly aimed at the housekeeper but also makes me stop and enjoy things more.
    I would eat out in the garden a lot more but Mr S isn't so keen. We have enjoyed coffee breaks outside together where we chatter on about nonsense whereas if we are in the house there is always something to do. So very relaxing outside....

Today I will finish off our bedroom and then I am off to the dreaded squishing machine....mammogram time. After I will do half our frog eating of paperwork.
  • kazwookiekazwookie Forumite
    11.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right back from clothes sorting :) I did my two main over flow boxes, and 4 draws, results:-
    A load of tat in the bin
    A large box filled with car booting type clothes, if I can get a £1 each for
    of them better than nothing, then they can go to CS or recycling.
    A large CS bag filled as well
    10 items or so listed on eby that I 'found'
    A load of clothes, 'downgraded' for gardening / fencing painting / cleaning / dirty type jobs as they are not fit to be seen out in :rotfl:
    Plus I have found 6 t shirts and 4 shorts all brand new with the tags still on, that fit as well! so they are to be worn BEFORE I buy any more.
    My shoe box was also sorted, the lid now shuts correctly.

I really need to get my act together,..........this now leave me with one warobe to sort, my other very small warobe that you can get about 15 items in, is used weekly.

Plus I have an eby sale for £40, which suprised me as I was thinking about reducing the price, as it had been going round for several weeks.

Best go and post my sale as it is paid for.
    :) Sun, Sea :)

• edited 4 July 2018 at 4:36PM
    atypicalblondeatypicalblonde Forumite
    3.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 July 2018 at 4:36PM
    Good afternoon ladies,

Thanks for the posi-vibes, I will be hoping the power of Flylady is behind me at 9.30 tomorrow morning! I am all prepped so now it's just a case of do my best and wait and see.

I am currently live chatting with EE - my contract is up and I want to go on a cheaper SIM only deal. Paying £30.99 per month at the moment and really don't need to be paying more than £20.

The washing has been line dried today, kiddies are home from school, showered and in their gear for their respective activities this evening.

July is a complete scrimping month for me - I have already cancelled The Times online subscription, Green Thumb and we are looking at reducing other outgoings too. If only we could reduce our council tax - £175 pcm!

Anyway I am waffling now. Will check back in tomorrow (I am so nervous) xx

ETA Monthly bill reduced to £14 hurrah!
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • ValliValli Forumite
    22.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    absolutely manic here...y5/y6 have a performance so I am supporting at that, then next week its y3/y4 and I appear to be admin for that...as an overflow from office job - since I know what I am doing I am still doing it. Plus I said I would source the raffle prizes..been out begging already.
    And I am doing 3 collections for staff because the other person with whom I would be sharing this burden is off long term sick.
    Ho hum

bucketloads (the Honey Bear kind) of vibes for you ATB.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • edited 4 July 2018 at 5:19PM
    ionafanionafan Forumite
    3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 4 July 2018 at 5:19PM
    I am all prepped so now it's just a case of do my best and wait and see.

July is a complete scrimping month for me ....
    Monthly bill reduced to £14 hurrah!

Well done on both counts, atb :T:T and may the power of Flylady be with you tomorrow.

I am scrimping in July too. We seem to be spending a lot on food, even though I only buy basic SW friendly stuff from A1d!, except for when I make cakes for family or visitors. But somehow, as the ££ disappear from my account, the lbs are going on - far more on DH than on me, because I think he snacks on sweets and biscuits that he buys when he's let out on his own :mad: I try to keep track of what I eat when I go out.

I have had a migraine for the past 2 days :( Managed to get into college yesterday for our last evening, and found a few useful library books for my final assignment, but had to spend all this morning asleep on the sofa before I began to feel better. It is very hot here, so Rosie will have to wait until about 8 pm before she gets her walk.

I have sorted a lot of papers in my study this afternoon.
  • Maisie_MMaisie_M Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Done quite well today and managed to get a lot done even though it has been really muggy.

Things to roll forward to tomorrow are:

[FONT=&quot]Mysterious Monday ~ Bathroom, Hall, Stairs and Study/PC Area[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Level One...[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Clean cobwebs[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Level Two..
    Throw away any empty bottles
    Delete 50 emails - do you really need that sale email from Dotty P's?

Level Three...
    Put away any stray items in the hall and stairs - do you really need all that stuff cluttering up the stairs and hall/landing!!!

Extras..[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Wipe skirting boards up the stairs[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Clean fingerprints off light switches and doors.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Twinkling Tuesday ~ Master bedroom and Landing[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Level One..[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Clean Cobwebs
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Level Three...[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Add a personal touch - flowers in a vase on a dresser, pretty bowl etc.. went to pop in a new oil to my reed difuser as it was dry and realised I had no spares so will need to get one tomorrow
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Extras:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Clean light switch of hand prints or smudges[/FONT]