Declined on O2! What to do??

Options
Hi,

My brother has just applied for a £15 a month Contract with O2 and has been declined! We have both only just turned 18 so therefore have nothing on our credit reports but I didn't think it would decline. I have got a £500 overdraft and a Switch card and we both earn similar money (if not him more) so he was mortified to say the least! Is there anything he can do? As he doesn't want to be declined in the next few months for anything else!

Thanks!

Scottp

Comments

• Phantom_Flan_Flinger
    Options
    His lack of credit history was probably a factor.

Have you both got yourselves on the electoral register?
    Dave. :wave:
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    couple months on sim only on o2 then they let you contract it
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • b33r
    b33r Posts: 905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There's also a chance it was nothing to do with your credit history but your address. When i tried to get an O2 contract at uni i got declined when I put my Uni address but accepted with my parents address. Do you have another address that you could use?
  • scottp_2
    scottp_2 Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    diamonds wrote: »
    couple months on sim only on o2 then they let you contract it

It was for the £15 Sim only deal so it's not like I was asking for a £300 phone and a £35 a month contract! We are going to get ourselves on the voters roll and then try in a few months. I can get someone to check at work that it has been done. In the meantime as well I am going to get him an overdraft and a credit card sorted out with RBS to try and build it up a little more.

I have another address I could try but were not on the voters roll there and it is just around the corner from the one we used, so I don't think its wise to have another go just yet!

thanks for the help!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport