Goodbye TSB

Options

Comments

• polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    donerkebab wrote: »
    From the TSB site "We have increased the interest rate on our Classic Plus account from 3% to 5%. We promise this won't be taken away after a year"

Be nice if we get any interest at all :( any one still getting interest paid monthly? Don't forget withdraw any funds over £1500 as thats the max for interest.

Yep. Got £6.23 on the 2nd of June - so at 4.89%.
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    Options
    I can't access my account and have not been able to since the TSB issues arose, I'm hoping a full fix will arrive soon.
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cotta wrote: »
    I can't access my account and have not been able to since the TSB issues arose, I'm hoping a full fix will arrive soon.

You will be waiting a while me thinks. Beyond the first week or so I've not had any problems. What is concerning is that people who seem to be still locked out, have been locked out since the beginning, so cant see anything happening anytime soon - plus its all gone quiet now
  • Brewer20
    Brewer20 Posts: 395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cotta wrote: »

That's odd, mine's been fine for a few weeks now. I must admit it was slow just after the troubles started but I've never really been unable to access it as and when required.

To be honest I've only really used it for the interest on the x2 accounts, worth sticking with as the bonus of 5% now is well worth the effort.
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    Options
    Apparently some like me have been impacted with our personal details being rejected and it's now just a waiting game but there seems to be no urgency.
  • s88
    s88 Posts: 60 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm able to get access, but for the past two months have been unable to transfer my interest earnings, which is slightly annoying, but hardly worth the moan, in my opinion.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,995 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mine has worked fine for several weeks now...touch wood:
    Got my interest early...
    Got my DD bonus..

but haven't got my 20 debit card trans bonus on my one eligible ac yet?
  • pochisoldi
    pochisoldi Posts: 261 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »
    Had the best excuse yet on Saturday - my fourth attempt to get Certs of Interest for my £1,500 Classic Plus bank accounts

I'm assuming you want to submit your tax return...

You don't need a certificate of interest.
    Given that tax is no longer deducted, all you need to do is add up how much interest was paid each month.

Eventually TSB will get their act together, and they'll issue the certificate, but given that adding up the 12 payments gives a 100% accurate figure, you don't need to wait.

Your example of the fobbing off from TSB demonstrates how useless they are - their reaction has caused you to interact further with their lame CS department causing themselves more work. I'm in a similar position, where I'm now complaining about their failure to handle complaints!

PochiSoldi
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pochisoldi wrote: »
    You don't need a certificate of interest.
    Given that tax is no longer deducted, all you need to do is add up how much interest was paid each month.

Not so. If you do SA and you want cover against bank and/or HMRC incompetence you DO need a Certificate of Interest.
  • pochisoldi
    pochisoldi Posts: 261 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    polymaff wrote: »
    Not so. If you do SA and you want cover against bank and/or HMRC incompetence you DO need a Certificate of Interest.

If, and only, if HMRC investigate your return. Even then, when you produce 12 TSB statements and everyone else's S975 certificate (or equivalent), they'll move onto the next part of your return. They'll be more interested in the self employment, property or trust pages and what you've claimed as expenses.

In the meantime, if you want to submit your return now, wait until everyone else has sent you an interest summary, then add up the interest received and submit. TSB will eventually issue a certificate of interest paid. If they don't by the end of July, raise a complaint and if they have stopped ignoring complaints, and you drop lucky you might get £25 compo.

PochiSoldi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport