18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    if you took 5000 a day for a week then thats 30k assuming sunday closed
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,256 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Robin9 wrote: »
    So in a month you drew £10k in cash - - who wants to be paid £10k in cash - perhaps their account got blocked when they paid it into their bank.

As the OP was paying the other party in cash how would Santander connect the other party's bank account with the OP's
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,120 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    You're misreading OP:

My apologies - even in a week its a lot of money and bound to cause attention.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • EconomicsGirl
    Options
    If they've blocked your account for a month with no explanation you can raise a complaint by phoning Santander - online you can get complaints process.

If they don't help you can escalate to Financial Ombudsman after 8 weeks or so or when Santander close complaint. I'm having trouble with Santander too, won't let me close account, and mine is currently with Ombudsman. My balance has just gone to zero so I'm hoping that might mean I am close to getting the money but it's taken 3 weeks half an hour on phone each day to get to this point.
  • alex373208
    Options
    This OP came on here for help and from what I can see all he's received is a bunch of clowns questioning him for attempting to draw out his own money. It's the banks never do anything wrong brigade so it must be the customers fault on here is it? Why don't you try getting off your pathetic little moral high horses and give the person some advice? What I would say is raise a complaint with the ombudsman and then when the matter is resolved, look for compensation for the stress and inconvenience the banks overly dramatic approach has caused, If they are so worried about fraud they should be refusing the money being paid in, rather then blocking it from being drawn out!
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    alex373208 wrote: »
    This OP came on here for help and from what I can see all he's received is a bunch of clowns questioning him for attempting to draw out his own money.

You've resurfaced a thread that's 16 months old. Any particular reason other than to have a rant?
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    You've resurfaced a thread that's 16 months old. Any particular reason other than to have a rant?
    alex373208 has resurrected not one but two Santander blocked my account threads since the latest Santander blocked my account thread appeared.
    I guess it is the subject of the day.
  • 1234nathan
    Options
    I am currently in south Africa on vacation and I withdraw money from the Atm now they blocked my account. It is very frustrating especially being on vacation. I am 72 years old and hard at hearing. I called them several times and they said I have to come in personally
     How do I get back if I don't have money to buy my tickets. I need to pay the guest house too
     Does anyone have any suggestions 

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,256 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Do you not have a second account with another  bank or a credit card you an use/
  • Hasbeen
    Hasbeen Posts: 4,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 April 2020 at 6:43PM
    Options
    I am currently in south Africa on vacation and I withdraw money from the Atm now they blocked my account. It is very frustrating especially being on vacation. I am 72 years old and hard at hearing. I called them several times and they said I have to come in personally
     How do I get back if I don't have money to buy my tickets. I need to pay the guest house too
     Does anyone have any suggestions 

First suggestion would be to answer questions by posters trying to give advice on the thread you started earlier at 4:44
    Second suggestion is please do not hijack another thread with same question. This is an old thread, better advice will be given on your original thread.
    Oh we do not do vacations here they are called holidays? This is a UK site if UK? fair enough advice might be relevant if not, perhaps USA/Canadian etc sites might give better advice?  :)
    The world is not ruined by the wickedness of the wicked, but by the weakness of the good. Napoleon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure