Santander have blocked my account

Options
Hi there i am.new this forum thing and i was wondering if anyone can help me regarding my issue. I have an account with santander and i was withdrawing maximum amount i could from the bank counter per day for a week as i needed to give the money to someone then all of a sudden they have blocked my account and its been about a month since this has happened and they still wont give me no information as to why they have done this and i really struggling with everything and i cant use my bank card for anything. Does anyone know how long this takes before they re open the account please? Or any other way i can abouts to resolve this issue becuase they are really starting to annoy me and i cant even tranafer my money into my wifes account and wont even let me close the account until it it resolved..

Thanks for the help in advance

Comments

• le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    Ismail88 wrote: »
    i was withdrawing maximum amount i could from the bank counter per day for a week as i needed to give the money to someone then all of a sudden they have blocked my account
    Obviously they thought you were money laundering - so would many people.
    I'm afraid they will take their own sweet time - then they will close your account.
    I would be setting up a new account somewhere else before the catch up with you.
  • Ismail88
    Options
    Thanks for that..im just waniting for them to open up mu account and then going to close my account with anyway ive had nothing but trouble from them..been a nghtmare
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,106 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you got another current account with a different bank?

PS Why O why draw £500 ? a day in cash for a month - thats asking for trouble. Why not a simple online transfer ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    It really shouldn't matter that you take your own money out of the cashpoint everyday for a week but unfortunately in this day and age and in this climate you're probably going to fall foul of the fraudvdepartment

a bit late now but in future if you want a reasonably large sum of money from your account I suggest you go into the branch or give them a call and say you'd like to withdraw a few thousand - they will probably ask you what it is for but then there should be any problem
  • Ismail88
    Options
    Thats what i did i was taking the money from the branch..i even took my passport driving license and everything but still..i dont momd them blocking my account but i want to know how long it could take..its been a month and that is taking the mick now..
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure what you mean - if you go to the branch with your passport etc you don't have to take the a bit per day in fact I don't think there is even a maximum amount other than perhaps letting them know beforehand so they can have the money on hand

you don't have to go in everyday and get a bit out each time that's only applies to cash machines
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean - if you go to the branch with your passport etc you don't have to take the a bit per day in fact I don't think there is even a maximum amount other than perhaps letting them know beforehand so they can have the money on hand

you don't have to go in everyday and get a bit out each time that's only applies to cash machines

Not sure if it applies to the account the OP has, but Santander have a £500 per day limit on over-counter cash withdrawals (£2000 with chip and PIN).

Perhaps the amount they are paying to the 'somone' is rather large :eek:
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Ismail88
    Options
    Yeh u can take £5000 over the counter with chip and pin and if u take ID with you..thats what i was doing and they blocked my card
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,106 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    So in a month you drew £10k in cash - - who wants to be paid £10k in cash - perhaps their account got blocked when they paid it into their bank.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Robin9 wrote: »
    Why O why draw £500 ? a day in cash for a month
    Robin9 wrote: »
    So in a month you drew £10k in cash
    You're misreading OP:
    Ismail88 wrote: »
    i was withdrawing maximum amount i could from the bank counter per day for a week

[...]

its been about a month since this has happened
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family