We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Losing control, time to take charge.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on the TSB card :j :j

Hope you get the nightshift.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Caspeia
    Caspeia Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    I found out some good news today! Husbands bus pass covers the whole county we live in, we don't need it to cover that much but the ticket below didnt cover our town but covered where he works. Just read an update that they have rebranded the tickets and now they have included our town! So we currently pay £115.40 a month and now we'll only pay £89! A nice saving of £26.40 a month :)
  • Caspeia
    Options
    Its finally payday! Every single thing in August was paid in cash!
    Theres £136.76 getting paid off the debts via direct debits over the month. I've made an extra £15 payment to the TSB card today. Hoping there should be enough left over from my weekly wage to pay more of it off. £430 to pay off in 26 days.
  • Caspeia
    Options
    Just realised its actually £405 to pay off as £25 is set up as a DD to pay out midway through the month!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Caspeia wrote: »
    Its finally payday! Every single thing in August was paid in cash!
    Theres £136.76 getting paid off the debts via direct debits over the month. I've made an extra £15 payment to the TSB card today. Hoping there should be enough left over from my weekly wage to pay more of it off. £430 to pay off in 26 days.

Well done :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Caspeia
    Options
    Not updated in over a week, I've been so tired and this is the first time I've been on my laptop since my last post!

The cheque for the cashback for plusnet arrived on Monday and was cashed in straight away, that has now cleared and been put on the Tesco card to cover the line rental. I also got my £3 reward payment from my bank account which has also went towards the line rental.

Payday yesterday and I've paid £100 off the TSB card. £305 to pay off before the 26th, not sure if it is entirely manageable but I want to get that total to under £100 at least!

I was gifted £80 from a family member which I used to hire out a rug doctor and buy all the cleaning liquids. Wow my carpet was dirty! I want to hire this out every few months (or invest in our own one!) I was amazed how much cat hair it picked up. We do have our own carpet cleaner but its really rubbish. I also think we need a better vacuum, our one doesn't seem to pick up any of the cat hair. I've been looking at a shark vaccum as apparently they are good, this won't be bought for a while though!
  • Caspeia
    Options
    I'm starting to get slightly fustrated by adverts from banks when I sign onto my mobile banking. Today it was an advert for an overdraft and the other day it was for a loan saying I could take out a 20k loan! I just click off it but its really not good for people who might end up agreeing to this. They make it sound like its a great thing to take out even more credit!
  • Caspeia
    Options
    I've been so focused on paying off the credit card by the end of the month that I completely forgot about two birthdays so a smaller overpayment this week of £55. Hoping to pay off more next week. I won't pay off the TSB card before I get charged interest but I will manage to pay it off at least by the end of next month so I should only be charged one months worth of interest. The credit card is down to £250 now though, I have paid £525 off the TSB card since the start of this diary.

I've been motivated to get my house tidied up, my friend wanted to come round to drop something off but I was so embarrassed by the state of my house I ended up going to hers to get the item. I have gutted out the livingroom, well not completely theres still hundreds of DVDs and books but they are all hidden away in cupboards now. I've also gutted out the study and I have stuff to take to the skip tomorrow. My task tomorrow is to follow the weeks flylady thread and take the rubbish I've cleared out to the skip, I have 6hr without kids and husband and 4hr of my favourite podcast to catch up on so the plan is to put the podcast on and work through the flylady list (although going to make a separate comment deciding what I'll actually do!). I also have a small pile of things that I can donate to a charity shop.

Theres no clutter in the livingroom, I didn't even have to clear a spot on the sofa when I sat down this evening :rotfl:
  • Caspeia
    Options
    Livingroom
    • Vacuum the floor and under all the furniture I can move
    • Put items away that aren’t in their home
    • Take stickers off of wall
    • Clean TV glass

Hallway
    • Vacuum floor
    • Clean outside of unit
    • Clear letter holder
    • Clean mirror

Kitchen
    • Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces
    • Sweep and mop floors
    • Sort & clean the fridge
    • Clear and wipe down table
    • Wipe all small appliances: Microwave, toaster, kettle
    • Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances & kickboards
    • Wash all dishes and put them away
    • Fix out boxes of junk in kitchen and either chuck or donate items
    • Clean out bin

Bathroom
    • Clean bath, sink and toilet, Outside as well
    • Change toilet seat
    • Clean out nappy pail and toilet training seat and store away
    • Fold up towels as currently stuffed in box
    • Clean towel rail
    • Clean mirror on medicine cabinet
    • Hoover floor
    • Mop floor

Kids room
    • Put toys away
    • Vaccum floor
    • Fix drawer front that is broken

Our room (bonus as so bad I'm not sure if I'll have time)
    • Clear everything off of floor
    • Move furniture around so the snuzpod can come out of the room
    • Vacuum floor
    • Clean everything off the top of the drawers

Every room
    • Wipe down doors and their handles (and take any stickers off) and clean glass on doors
    • Wipe the radiators
    • Clean windows
    • Clean light switches

Other
    • Take stuff to the skip
    • Take stuff to the charity shop
    • Get all washing caught up

I'm hoping if I get all this done I start doing some more things that need doing such as decluttering insides of cupboards/drawers, I also really need to clean all the skirting boards.
  • Caspeia
    Options
    I want to start donating more to my local food bank, just seen an appeal from them as they have almost nothing left but still families to feed. Its heartbreaking
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport