Losing control, time to take charge.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,699 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I dident know Amazon delivered milk!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Caspeia
    Caspeia Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    Its oat milk! When I started breastfeeding the baby I got a huge adversion to cows milk. He was in SCBU and I had to use the breast pump to get him milk. I ended up thinking of the cows and how they to do that everyday for us and it made me upset. I couldn't face drinking cows milk after that as I got upset when I seen it, I'm starting to stop having that reaction when I see it in shops so I might switch back in the future! post birth hormones are weird haha
  • beanielou
    Options
    They are indeed!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• remote_control
    Options
    Well done for not using the cards in nearly a month! Keep up the good work!
  • Caspeia
    Options
    Dancing stuff bought, ended up buying a new leotard as the one we have is a different shade of pink and I dont want her to get picked on for being different. The one we have can be used as a play dress. I put aside £50 to pay for it and it came to £48.50 for the leotard, 2 pairs of shoes and ballet socks.
    The last £1.50 we used to buy ourselves some cakes from the bakery in lidl.
    Yesterday i spent a couple of pounds buying my gran in law a drink and cake to say thank you for driving me to the hospital. I had an eye check up on wednesday where they noticed my eye was swollen at the back. Yesterday I was asked to come in for a check at a hospital an hour away and wasnt allowed to drive home afterwards. Turns out my optic nerve has a lot of excess fluid around it so I'm back in hospital on Tuesday to get a brain scan to make sure theres nothing else lurking they can't see.
    On a more positive note I tried out topcashback. I went for the sun offer to wager £10 and get £20 cashback. I ended up winning £15.25 so cashed that out straight away. £10 to replace what I spent and the £5.25 will go to pay off the line rental. As long as the cashback tracks fine then I'll have earned £25.25 towards my line rental :)
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope all goes well at the hospital.

• Caspeia
    Options
    I ended up having to have two CT scans and a lumbar puncture but I now have a diagnosis so I just need to take some tablets to help but the doctor says my weight is a factor so I need to lose weight.

Tax credits have come back and they are only giving us £9 more than before. I increase my childcare costs by £175 per week and I only get £2.25 extra per week. I'll need to try and balance our budget based on this number.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Caspeia wrote: »
    I ended up having to have two CT scans and a lumbar puncture but I now have a diagnosis so I just need to take some tablets to help but the doctor says my weight is a factor so I need to lose weight.

Tax credits have come back and they are only giving us £9 more than before. I increase my childcare costs by £175 per week and I only get £2.25 extra per week. I'll need to try and balance our budget based on this number.

SW works well for me when I stick to it.
    Hope things get better on the health side soon.

Boo to the tax credits.

• Caspeia
    Options
    Okay I've balanced the budget so hopefully it work out. My plan is to keep most of husbands main wage in the bills account. I will add on an extra £115 weekly to cover the childcare costs. This will leave us husbands second wage for food, gas& electric and petrol.

My wage is weekly so I'll use the excess in my wage to use towards the debt repayments and savings. I think it will be motivating as I'll be able to do a debt repayment every single week instead of once a month like I've currently been doing.
  • Caspeia
    Options
    Still not spent on the credit cards, everything single thing has been paid for in cash. I've made little payments to the TSB card, there's £445 left on it. We've paid £305 off of it last month. My goal for the next month is to clear as much of this as possible as it will start to generate interest of the 26th of September.

I had my first day back at work yesterday and they had a sign up asking for people to move over to nightshift so I've put my name down. It will be slightly more money and it will be easier for childcare so I'm hoping. They said its not a guarantee to move over as it depends how many people put their name down.

I'm also down to 213.4lb which means I've lost 19.6lb since May!

I've finally got round to putting everything in my signature.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure